xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
litchy

Best Video Editing Software

Its really distracting seeing people "create" what they think are master pieces on windows movie maker. Its the lamest and really requires no skill. So im gunna whack my vote on Adobe Premiere Pro 2 and Adobe After Affects 7 combined to make the best in the video editing range. It requires stacks of skills, you can download plenty of add-on effects and you can futher mod it if you wish in After Affects. These versions are one behind in the Adobe range since Adobe released its CS3 Prefix to all their newly upgraded versions.The new CS3 Prefixed Premiere is now compatible on vista which is its main feature expanding its market. HDV is now also supported in the new version allowing resolutions and movie quality to be maxed out to the extremesPost up your favourite's :D .

Edited by litchy (see edit history)

I haven't had much experience with Video Editors but I would have to say that my personal favorite is Sony Vegas Movie Studio. About a year ago, I had this huge interest to get into video editing and maybe do film editing so I searched around the internet looking for some good programs. Although the version of Sony Vegas I used was a trial version, I found it really easy to use - after some time playing around with it a bit. What I like about Sony Vegas is that its not super user-friendly that it makes you feel stupid - like Windows Movie Maker - but its not super difficult. You get a prosumer product with the features of a professional version with the usability of a consumer product. Just my two cents.

Actualy Windos movie maker is very good tool when you need fast edit a simple movie for youtube or when u just want only to cut somethink in your sceen. Fore this simple thiks you do not need sofisticated software but for creating somethink that is good the best software is Adobe After Effects 7 or CS3. I also recomend Avid Media Composer witch is great tool fore filme editing.

I use Windows Movie Maker until now. Windows Movie Maker is really good and it is just simple though there are some areas that needs to be improved. I have already produced 5 movies/videos by using Windows Movie Maker. Honestly, I'm not really satisfied with the features of the Windows Movie Maker so I find some resources that can add some twists with my movies/videos. I also tried Sony Vegas, it's very good but Windows Movie Maker is still Number. 1 for me. Maybe I can change my mind someday when I need some deep video editing software.-Amiel

I have heard that Pinnacle Studies is good? I have not got anything else on my computer than Windows Movie Maker, and I really do not need anything else. Is it just me or is the final quality and size of the video kind of disappointing? I ones used a really good, new and amazing video camera that was in great quality. The video I got when I was done was barely good at YouTube. So I am thinking about getting a new video editing software.

Adobe Premiere Pro would be the best around, and trusted by many professionals and supports many functions. But of course it would be 'dumb' to invest in such a costly software if the person only uses it for a video or two, and if the person only needs a home made video. I would say Windows Movie Maker is no match for Adobe Premiere Pro, and they are targeted at different users.

Well I suppose if you are talking about professional digital video editing software Final Cut Pro and Avid are the two used for the most major motion pictures. But you need to remember, people create things in windows movie maker because it is for consumers, just like Adobe Premiere and some of the others mentioned here. Yes they are better than windows movie maker, but they certainly aren't the best. And now with the prices of FCP and Avid dropping they are almost consumer buyable.

FOr my video tutorials i use Camtasia Studio, because i added a youtube HD preset, so that is pretty good.I use, for my other editing, I use Adobe After Effects CS4 and Adobe Premiere CS4, they are great!

My experience with video editing software is limited to pinnacle studio 11 under the windows xp professional version. I edited one of my own movies with the help of my friend's brother. Pinnacle is a cutie and did everything I wanted from the movie. The problem however was for the various plugins which were demo version and could not use. None the less the editing was nice and did not take hell of a time , just blowing the cover off.I had a look at the time taken to render and was not too much.

Are any of these that have been talked about free? I've been using one called Video Spin for a little bit but don't know if I like it any better than windows movie maker. Those are the free ones I've found. Granted, I only use it for You Tube but I want something decent for an editor. These are pretty basic. I'm sure the ones mentioned before must cost some bucks because they sound good. You can't get anything good for free these days.