xisto Community
jjaenagle

How To Make An Item Scroll With You On The Page.

ie7 or ie8How To Make An Item Scroll With You On The Page.

Thanks etycto.

Your suggestion works very well on Safari (Mac and Windows XP and Windows 7) and also on Firefox (mac and PC) but not on IE7 in Windows XP nor IE8 in Windows 7.

For some unknown reason, the division is not correctly placed on page.

Any ideas? 

-reply by eddyk

Can you have two instances on a page?How To Make An Item Scroll With You On The Page.

Firstly, thank you for this code, it is just what I was looking for, as it can work with relative positioning to keep a div moving within another div.

Problem is, I am trying to use this code on a site with a menu on the left and one on the right, and I can't get both to scroll. Is there something in the script that prevents it working with 2 items on one page?

-question by f1end

Can you have two instances on a page?How To Make An Item Scroll With You On The Page.

Hi,

First of all thanks for the code ! I am a begginer and don't really understand but I used it and it works fine. The problem is when I scroll down and then stop somewhere the menu stops at the targetY: 90 position. I want the menu at targetY: 90 position when I load the page but when I scroll down I need it to stop at something like 20px off the top and then when I scroll to the top of the page the position to be 90 again . This is because I have a banner at the top of the page and when I scroll down the banner stays at the top and I don't need the menu at 90...

I hope you'll understand me beacuse it was hard for me to understand what I ment lol :)

Edited by Erratic (see edit history)

Hi,

thanks for the code ! but i have failed to use this code. actually i just want to make scrolling text like here Link of My post
This post is too long and i want to limit the width and height of the text using scroll but it must be stylish and do not like scroll browser on the right. Anybody can help me, thank you