xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
666hellradio

Shoutcast Hosting >.< Shoutcast

Did u know that Shoutcast hosting is a Scami want on these site and i got only 2 hosting for free and the rest paid forwell note this all tho... some of there Free Services Don't Allow Sam B. to work with at all... u much need to use there Web Page With Adsssss All Over it.... now why kill a Great Radio well i tell u why..the thing is ppl hate Ads Right or Wrong?they need more ppl to host but why ads to pay them?there like over 10 diff ads by google and other ads on this siteso, i would like Host my Own Radio Witch i been doing about 9 years now, and soon 10 years by next yeari been in Radio, Tv, Tech and othere was well that has to do with Radio or Tv, Or Repair...I work with iMac, windows,Unix, and othere to but if u like to host it it easy to do... have fun reading thi... now if u like to set one up and don't know how just post this with help i can help ya

Shoutcast hosting as a free entity does not exist without sucking.

If you want something that doesn't suck, you need to shell out a few bucks. I know a place where you can get a pretty damn nice server (say 50 listeners @ 64kbps) for around $5.

The site runs on British money, but Paypal converts it for you no charge anyway, as do the credit card companies.

If you're interested, the site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've been using them for almost a year and I say +1 for them being so affordable and yet not sucking.

Seeing as I've never used Sam Broadcaster, I can't promise you anything there. I use Winamp, like its supposed to be done.

Edited by HFBlade2k8 (see edit history)

Replying to HFBlade2k8Hi, I found this site that offers you a free 24Kbps 10 slot server, EPZ Hosting. Other than that everything elase at the site costs a monthly fee. Go to this address: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ That is what I use for the low bitrate stream of my station. For the high bitrate stream I do have to spend some money because its very rare to find a free 128kbps server wit halot of slots. Hey and replying to you HFBlade2k8-- I use SAM broadcaster for my station and LOVE it! I 100% reccomend it and puts winamp to shame. Download a free trial and see for yourself! -reply by Anonymous