xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuBBaG

Razor Scooters. Always break on me.

One day, i was riding my scooter to work(volunteer bingo, so not really work, unless I got tipped). And I was going down the street and the bar that connects the handlebars to the platform, BROKE! So, I went flying and messed up my shoulder, found out 24 hours later that I chipped my collarbone( I had to stay at the hospital for about 28 hours). And another scooter I had, the handlebars broke off, so I had to jump off real fast. That was my second scooter this year!On third scooter, it kept folding while I was riding it. So I trashed it. Then I got this Mongoose Scooter, I always thought Mongoose only made bikes. lol. But this had to be my best scooter ever! WRONG. the tire fell off in the front. So, now I'm on my 5th scooter on 2008. I'll fill you in on what happens with this one.

Try contacting the company, they might feel sorry for you and might send something to make up for your chipped collarbone?Or, they might possibly refund your for all the scooters that failed on you.That must of really hurt, how much was the bill?How much are they, anyways?(the scooters)

Edited by Csshih (see edit history)

Wow man. That sucks. Is riding a scooter your only option of transportation or something? It sounds like you are really into scooters. I agree with Csshih - contact the companies that you bought the scooters from and maybe they'll give you some kind of refund/rebate. I use to have a scooter too but I stopped using it because it kept having problems...

Sounds like you've had some pretty bad luck...I haven't really bought scooters as I just didn't find them that entertaining but the ones I've messed with before didn't have any issues. The companies should be willing to assist you in solving your issue and if they won't just escalate the issue higher in their company. At some point they will get tired of hearing from you and will help you resolve the issue.

Being the fact I'm 14, you have to be 16 to drive in my state. The scooters cost $40 each. I contacted Razor and Mongoose, Razor gave me a 50 year subscription to their magazine and paid for my medical bill. Mongoose gave me a bike. :D

Wow alot of scooters, we use to have one that was my little brothers and i rode it quite a bit, until.... The deck snapped right in half. I recommend you get one of the old bigger wheeled, pump up tyres scooter they could take quite a beating.

Wow, BuBBaG, wow. They were really nice, weren't they?Now just hope that the mongoose bike doesn't break, and hope you don't hurt something else other than your collar bone, that would be a problem...50 year sub to their magazine?eBay much?"who wants a 50 year subscription to Razor magazine?"xD

Edited by Csshih (see edit history)

Wow somehow I wish i were in your place, I want a bike :DI think that would be.. useful Im going to break my Razor scooters which i have had for more then like 8 years.

I wouldn't say that scooters messing up are a problem with the brands but rather with the whole concept of a scooter. Thin bars attached to thin platforms aren't really going to last all that long. My scooter broke on me while I was juat making a regular turn. The handlebar and steering column poped right off of the platform and I went flying XD

I had a blue razor scooter. It was pretty fun.. ( max speed was like 20km..but I was younger, lol) but after not too long I exceeded the weight limit and it pretty much became useless for me.Sucks to hear about the accident man.

alright I know what the problem is. The t tube is falling off the deck because it only has one head clamp so the slit bends and the bars fall off. What u need to do is get another head clamp from another scooter or get a razor pro which has 2 head clamps