xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HyBriD54

Vampire Literature

Vampires. Possibly one of the most overused devices/characters in fiction. There?s so much vampire literature around these days, it?s hard to write an original, successful vampire story. Kind of hard to write a vampire story without being accused of stealing another author?s ideas as well, because of the sheer volume of vampire lit hanging around. Written badly it seems clich? and possibly a plagiarised version of another writer?s work, but written well?What are some of the best (or worst XD) vampire books/stories you?ve come across? I haven?t read many myself but I think Peeps and The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld were really good and original. He backed up all his fiction, gave good reasons WHY his vampires have superhuman strength and don?t like mirrors, etc., as well as writing awesome stories. I recently read Stake That! by Mari Mancusi? a vampire novel that was rather more clich? but still quite good.

I love vampires!I've read the circus of freaks seriesIts about a boy and his best friendthey go to this circus and see a freak showwith monsters and a vampireWellthe boy's best friend was sickso the boy,darren,turned into a vampire(ritual)and saved himIts a great storyXD

Ooh, vampires.They do interest me quite a bit.But most of the books I've found about vampires aren't that great.I did read a short story whose name I've forgotten that was okay. The story had been written sometime in the mid-1800s supposedly and had an unknown author. It had also been translated from German to English.I just wish I knew what the title was...