xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ivantoar

Help On Choosing Forum Discussion Category

Hi, I want to create a forum. But seems I don't have much idea on the topic of discussion. See for example, a gaming forum. There's already too too many gaming forum that popular, and why people must join mine if there are already a better one? Then, lets say about a forum focused on technology and computers. I don't have much experience on computer except on basic one and a little bit of *simple* advanced. So, which one should I create?

You're going to have to be REALLY creative and offer something that most forums don't do.Now if you're like me, and just want to have a forum with people on it, I suggest you going to the game server that you play on alot, and ask them if they have a websiteMake sure their server is full all the time, and tell them I can give you a website for free, and if they say yes, you start making it, and then they advertise on their server the website and it gets popularThat's how I thought about itI did that for a clan, it's > http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
They even bought domain name :DBut yeah, things like that.

seems as above says.i think there isn't so much idea about creat a new siteall minds got by otheres years ago.:D!maybe a little topic,a little forum,a little people on it but not a large topic like "game!computer" stuff?

Hmm... is general discussion Okay? As far as I know, general discussions like discussing music, movies, news, or maybe a little bit of games or computers are pretty easy to handle, as it is not specific. How about it? Can you recommend what section to include?About what amirborna said, it is not too easy to create creative stuff. If I can do, why must I ask for idea here? And about the game server thingy, it's hard. I've tried, said it about 2-3 times, and they say will join, but I never see them joining. Even no guest LOL. (As I know not a lot of Asian like joining a forum)

Its soooooooo hard whatever you try. Like people said there is so many forums out there. I too have a forum well ive tried a few but i have had problems with a few and had to start again. But i think no matter what the topics or discussions are you need a good friend base to get you started. You need to know alot of online friends who will come help your forum get started by posting around and making new topics n stuff. Just my opinion. I have lots of online friends who will come and help out and thats what has made my forums get going from the start.But like i said i messed mine up lol. Good Luck.

Thanks, I'll try with my best friends first to "fill up" the forums with content and then later we'll just spread the word about the forum. I dunno, my online friends just visiting the forum, not registering, even posting. But he/she doesn't leave any comment about the forum. Strange?