xisto Community
legolos13

Lord Of The Rings

You know the funny thing. I 1st read the last book (because that was the one I could find).So anyway, I imagined Ents as big giants with clubs :P :P Until I read other books.

The Lord of the Ring saga is, in my opinion, one of the best tales weaved through time. I started off with The Hobbit and read the series all the way through to Return of the King. I am a great fan of the fiction genre, but what sets this particular series apart is the sheer amount of detail that is incorporated in the storytelling. Tolkien sure was one heck of a writer.Take Rowling's Harry Potter series for instance. I mean, I am a fan, and the books are a very important part of my life, but if you look at things at a rather grander scale, you'll see that LotR saga transcends generations. No, let me correct that. Eons. You'll see hordes of different races and each one distinct, thanks to the detail in which they are explained. And then there's the manner in which the story unfolds, the dialog and the ambient settings. Harry Potter is a book for everybody, not just kids. LotR on the other hand, well, let me just say that the more you've experienced life, the more you can relate to these books.And as the market trend goes these days, any well selling book or movie is transformed into a game, and Lord of the Rings is not an exception. I played two games of the franchise, one action/adventure and the other an rpg, and both were satisfying. At least on the movie front.Once again, hats off to the master; Tolkien.

Toliken's best book is Silmarilion. Lord of the rings is a masterpiece, but without reading Silmarilion there's no way to comprehend how deep and magnificent Toliken's world really is. While lotr is concentrated on relatively short time frame, Silmarilion shows development of the world and characters through the ages. It's a little hard to follow it when you read it the first time due to having many characters, but when you read it 2nd time it all falls into place. Definitely a must read for Tolkien fansAs for movies, first 2 parts are good, though there are some pointless and stupid scenes in both, but 3rd part is nothing short of a disaster. It completely destroys climax of the book, high point of the trilogy - Battle for Minas Tirit which for me ruins the move. There are many other letdowns which make the move unwatchable for me since I read and loved the book

I was just imagining what the LOR would be if the cast of the movie is performed by known comedian. like Jim Carey, Eddy Murphy and lot of more. But the theme is still serious. how would it be? uhmm. I wonder. hahaha.

Toliken's best book is Silmarilion.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't read that one and will definatly check and see if my local library has it. Maybe this winter anyway, I sure don't have time to read dright now. Have a new Steven King book and have renewed it twice and still haven't even started it.

I loved the Lord of the Rings serious. Great reading. But the movie! What can I say but WOW!!! The graphics are totally amazing! I love to watch it just for the scenery. And the computerized "actors" are so realistic! That is one of the best points in the Harry Potter series too, while the story lines are all about the same, the graphics and critters they have are just beyond amazing. I could almost swear that th Phoniex is real when it drops those tears on Harry's wound from the Basilisk.

I love Lord of The Rings! I read through the entire starting with The Hobbit in seventh grade, also about the Silmarilion, I have not yet read it, I was going to, but school finished before I was able to take it out from the school library... The movies were good, actually some of the best movie adaptations for a book which I have ever seen, yet I feel that they removed certain things which were better left untouched, such as Tom Bombadil...

I have read the books and I have found them all to be good reads. Tolkein really did an amazing job of crafting and shaping a believable world. That's why I like one of his later books, the Simarillion (I've not sure if I spelt that right so it might be wrong). That book details how middle earth came into being and also tells of the origins of all the worlds races (though it was somewhat vague on the origins of the hobbits). It not as clear in its narrative as the LOTR books as it reads more like a history as opposed to a novel but it serves as a great backdrop to the original trilogy. Did you know it took Tolkein almost fourteen years to write the books that would make up the trilogy? Plus the guy went as far as to create languages for some of his races in the books but then he was a linguist after all.