xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
oxida

Online Cemetery ideas and sugestions

Almost al things in the world can be found on the web.

But what i can't find is an online cemetery.

I came to this idea because people are complaining in the netherlands that when someone dies its really expensive to bury them ? 10.000 aprox.

(altough if you don't have the money you still get buried or burned).

But then you only have an wooden corss on your grave or a simple stone plate (if you where burned).

And because not everyone has that much money to spend I want to make a place where they can make a nice place for there beloved ones.

So what i want to create is an online cemetery where people can exactly do what they normaly would do on a cemetery. And make a nice virtual grave.

And when its becoming a succes i want to make it international.

Also I want to make a "rpg/gaia" like part where people can walk over the cemetery and talk with each other.

It's going to be made in:

php

mysql

css

html

For the "rpg" part I dont know ... if anyone has some guides/ideas/sugestions let me know.

What I would like to know is: what do you people think of my idea and if you have any sugestions on how to setup this up I like to hear them.

Edited by oxida (see edit history)

Almost al things in the world can be found on the web.

But what i can't find is an online cemetery.

I came to this idea because people are complaining in the netherlands that when someone dies its really expensive to bury them 10.000 aprox.

(altough if you don't have the money you still get buried or burned).

But then you only have an wooden corss on your grave or a simple stone plate (if you where burned).

And because not everyone has that much money to spend I want to make a place where they can make a nice place for there beloved ones.

I think the point of a cemetery is not just the preservation of beloved memories but also the storage of physical garbage, I mean, really tangible, decomposing corpses. Now, until you find a way to assure people that their beloved departed are resting in a comfortable place, I don't think it is possible to have an online cemetery.

Let's face it, a virtual grave will do nothing to house a very much real, physical body.

If, on the other hand, you mean something like an online memorial, it seems like a nice idea. However, think about this, how can you prevent anyone from creating a memorial for a person who's very much alive (but hated, say George Bush or Bill Gates?) It could be an emotional respite for the grieving ones but it could just as well be a political tool to, well, "virtually kill" people.

Also I want to make a "rpg/gaia" like part where people can walk over the cemetery and talk with each other.

lolz at the morbid humor, even though you may very well be not joking. I mean, I don't have anything against morbid humor, heck, I even make Death jokes myself. Still... this one takes the cake. Not bad for thinking out of the box but, personally, I think this is a bit too ambitious for a human to dream in our present world.

Anyway, if your idea does turn out to be a hit, remind me to kick myself in the back for being a smartass :D

I guess you are right with the cemetery part, I think a memorial place would be bether but as you say people could register someone who is still living. So that would be something hard to prevent. :( About the "rpg/gaia" part well sometime someone must think out of the box and look what the rest of the people would say. If no-one would think out of the box then we still would live in the stone age. :( I appriciate your ideas if you have still any sugestions/ideas drop 'em :D