xisto Community
oxida

95% Of People Are Like Zombies.

When I walk in the shopping mall or on the train station or just on the streets and I look at people most of them are looking to the ground.

Thats the first thing which I get irritated about .... "look the world in its face man !!".

Also when you say "Hi" to someone who yust happend to look up and looks you in the face, Some of them say "Hi" but they look like if they yust woke up and thinking:

where the h#ll am I and who are you.

There are people who don't say "hi" back and look at you with a rare blur in theire eyes and a face who looks like a flower cabbage.

And if I am waiting on my train on the train station and someone walks by and hits me with theire trunk on weels they look pissed of at me.

"omgwtf dont look at me like that. If you didn't walk like a zombie you would not hit me there is plenty of space to walk around me !".

I think its sad but the most important reason why people are changing to zombies is theire work:

they wake up at 6 --> go to work --> stop at 5 --> go to theire home -->do some things --> go to bed. And that year in year out.

Also I think a lot of peope can't face life and therefor stare at the ground almost al the time. (or they think: maybe I find a dollar).

So these are the things I can't stand when I am in a public place.

"look the world in its face man !!"

What's the problem with this? I usually looked down too when I'm walking. (People don't like me starring at them)

where the h#ll am I and who are you.

Yea, I hate when people thinks like that. We just want to be friendly and what do we got? I have bad experience. I wait for my friend to pick me up, there, I see a little boy standing and waiting for something. When I said "Hi, what are you waiting for", he says "Sorry, none of your business. Anyway do I know you?". Since that time, I never greet anyone I dont know.

I think it's just happen in mostly Indonesia, but another country does.

What's the problem with this? I usually looked down too when I'm walking. (People don't like me starring at them)Yea, I hate when people thinks like that. We just want to be friendly and what do we got? I have bad experience. I wait for my friend to pick me up, there, I see a little boy standing and waiting for something. When I said "Hi, what are you waiting for", he says "Sorry, none of your business. Anyway do I know you?". Since that time, I never greet anyone I dont know.

I think it's just happen in mostly Indonesia, but another country does.

Well It's yust a personal thing that I don't like it when people walk with theire heads down it looks so ...sad.
hmm why starring ?? most of the people won't notice it because they walk with theire heads down :D.

Yeah I am trying not to greet unknown people but it's yust a habit of me. And I think these things mostly happen in citties with a LOT of people.

...Some of them say "Hi" but they look like if they yust woke up and thinking: where the h#ll am I and who are you.

I think they are trying to remember you, that's their confused look. You know, you must be an old friend, since you just said hello to them out of blue :) :)

Let strangers be strangers. Well, maybe you right to say they look like sad people. But maybe many people are sad. I don't know why, but I feel more comfortable when I look down. LOL, they can actually see up, remember eye balls can rotate up when you're looking down, hahaha

they wake up at 6 --> go to work --> stop at 5 --> go to theire home -->do some things --> go to bed. And that year in year out.

I can understand this. It's one of the things I've tried to make not happen in my life. There's something about living in a modern society and doing that which doesn't appeal to me. Mostly because it seems boring. And we wonder why Fantasy thrives these days :(. It's because people were born and bred for adventure and a somewhat 'high' life. Men, in my opinion, weren't made to sit in cubicles all day and do menial tasks. This is what we should use computers for. And then we just reap the benefits and do something different and more interesting. Thousands of years ago, you don't see people doing such repetitive work. Heck, men were game hunters, women farmed and took care of families, and people were on the move and busy exploring the world all the time. Noone was stuck in one place: if they wanted to move, they just packed their stuff up and left.

The problem, one of them, with modern society is that it tends to be very "lock step," that is, "you must do things on our schedule, in the exact manner that we do things." Children are required to go to school from ages 5 to who knows when. Some people (Ph.Ds) don't get out of this loop until their late twenties. I've read forums where Ph.Ds discuss things occasionally, and read things such as, "after I finished my PhD, I was so burnt out that I couldn't read anything. Finally my friend got me to read X children's book. It was enjoyable!" Too much useless junk clouding the mind in my opinion. The problem with a lot of high level work is that it tends to be nothing but minutiae that will never benefit anyone.

Public school, in my honest opinion, and the way we teach our children, is the #1 problem in my opinion for putting people into the mindset of doing droning tasks over and over again their entire lives. I mean, when exactly do children have chances to be children in today's modern society, and be creative? Most of their days in our society are spent 7 hours a day in a desk, with teachers who have the idea that children are tabula rasas, or blank slates, who need their heads to be filled chock full of knowledge and dates, formulas and methods. A lot of this method of learning in today's society comes from a system we adopted called the Prussian Model -- look it up, the information on it is astounding. (It was designed to make drones for war. Countries around the world study this Prussian Model. :()

In my opinion, if you don't stifle the imagination of a person at a young age, they won't be mindless drones, insects, who are happy and content with working menial jobs as such. Men were born leaders, explorers, creative beings. This mass factory-ization of people is probably one of the worst things, I believe, to happen. It not only affects people physically, mentally, and emotionally, but spiritually as well. People believing in Indian religion, such as the Hindi religion, state that the Earth is in some sort of Kali Yuga, or spiritual winter. People are so bound by their earthly, day-to-day mindsets that they don't reach out and look up to the stars anymore, which is how men first came to greatness. They valued (if they believed) in God, and worshipped him in their own way, as in their time, there were too few people spread out in such a way as to promote individualized ways of growing.

Sorry if this has seemed a digression, but I merely wished to amplify the reason why that droning cycle exists in today's society. Yes, it's a deep problem :D. And I know that at least one person will read the post above and think, "But we have so many people. Someone has to do all this busy work, right?" Well, perhaps if we actually focused our efforts on teaching people something that mattered from a practical standpoint in school, we'd begin turning out inventors and those capable of originality again at a high degree. Some say it isn't possible, but I believe it can be done. We have not reached some sort of threshold or plateau that we cannot move beyond. We've always wanted to actually go and live among the stars, right?

And, always, there will be some people who desire to do nothing else but the details and little things in life, and that is good. We do need at least some people to handle such things. But that doesn't mean that they have to be drones who walk through life without seeing how good it is.

Edited by Vardigon (see edit history)

Work Work Work, with the high cost of living these days you have to work your butt off to keep afloat. I want to do sound engineering as a job. Because its never the same, live sound is chaotic, and ever changing.Riding the train I see people disconnected with reality. Just sit on the train, pop in headphones listen to music. get off at your stop. I listen to music but it has an effect on me. If I am listening to a track that makes me want to move, I do. Tap my feet, bob my head, maybe even lip sync... I watched Law & Order last night and it had Robin Williams on it, the message was "Don't be a sheep" in it (after trial and such) he organized rallies where people did something different. Had a Pillowfight on their lunch break, played statues at grand central station. If your life hasn't got Variety, make it. Give it that variety.

@saitunes, yeah I agree wat you say about those people in the train. Altough there are also alot of people who are gonna call wich can be annoying. But it is at least not as boring.@Vardigon, Yeah in a way our lives have become less valluable I think. many years ago people had a meaning in live, like you say (exploring etc. etc. etc.). Today, most of it is gone.But in some wat we are forced to live like working drones because everything is becoming more expensive. If you want to live free, you have to with less.But in the end we decide wath to do with our lives. And I take the second option (live free and take it easy).Note: Live free or die. (my motto)

saitunes, do you know FlashMob?

I dont know why, I think I give away good energy or have a clean face or something. Strangers on bus often tries to chat with me. Im okey with it but sometimes... Im not in the mood. Cant you see there are headphones on my ears!! :P :P

Edited by Janissary (see edit history)

And, always, there will be some people who desire to do nothing else but the details and little things in life, and that is good. We do need at least some people to handle such things. But that doesn't mean that they have to be drones who walk through life without seeing how good it is.

I agree on that, there certainly are people who are perfectly ok and maybe enjoy doing those "little things", they do not search anything else but security and trouble free existence... yet not all ppl doing "little things" are happy to do so, but are forced by circumstances or maybe by fear to change or objective impossibility... those ppl are understandably angry at the society as a whole and they may react in unexpected ways (I am thinking of a video i recently saw on the internet of some guy smashing his office, wonder if anyone has witnessed something like that...)

It's a sad reality, let's see if Vardigon's optimism, there's still a way out of this, will pay off... to me optimism is a key factor in human life, there are so many bad things happening all around, life itself can be hard and merciless and if we don't embrace optimism what is it left to us?

When I walk in the shopping mall or on the train station or just on the streets and I look at people most of them are looking to the ground.Thats the first thing which I get irritated about .... "look the world in its face man !!".

I don't think looking down necessarily means you are a 'zombie', but yeah it could be a sign something is wrong unless.... that guy is really convinced he will find a thousand dollars on the floor, let's be optimist :D

//edit: fixed typos
Edited by mm22 (see edit history)