xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etycto

What Is The Best Cms ?

well im making this website for this community and the best way to catter to their needs i saw was by installing a CMS. i'm testing Joomla right now (because it's so populare) but it seems a bit too packed a little complicated and the desighn doesnt look too good when installed (dont know why).i'm looking for something that's:light weighthas lots of features (maybe a forum and a blog)also it would be nice if it's easy for me to desighn my own template for this CMS.i'll keep testing more CMSes but i'm asking for your opinions thaks in advance.

Hmm so you want a lightweight cms... lets see.

php nuke I've used this quite a while and I also used joombla

If I have to compare them I would suggest php-nuke its not as heavy and complicated as joombla.

But I don't know about theming/skinning possebilities.

Currently I am testing Wordpress. Its realy lightweight easy to theme/skin and customise.

The coding is easy and understandable. You can tweak it so that it will be completely to your likings.

links:

https://www.phpnuke.org/

https://wordpress.org/

thank you but we decided to go with drupal for the reasons up there and because it was so easie to get use to it.P.S. i hear phpnuke is not very safe~topic may be closed

I just wanted to add that if you would search for the Joomla templates you might find some very interesting. I would suggest Joomla eventhough you have made your mind already. Joomla is great place to start expanding you community.

well i have tried almost every cms out there and have enjoyed joomla, drupal and wordpress (as a cms) the best...Although Wordpress is meant for blogging i think it is super easy to make it a cms with all the plug-ins and extensions wordpress supplies. It is easy to use and a wonder to look at but i just didn't find it was a strong enough cms for me to use although i recommend this.Drupal was nice and really powerful. I like this probably the best out of all of them but the templates available severely let me down. I would say that it may be a tad bit confusing for some although but most cms are. Although once you know what you are doing your gonna find it great!Joomla is the one i am using now and i would probably draw a line level with drupal on this one but it has the best range of templates a cms can ask for. But there are some features Drupal have which Joomla doesnt but i just work around it. Joomla is really easy to install also and very easy to get around. I find the extensions library as a major factor i am using this as well. I recommend this as well. Although some knowledge of css, php and the general site stuff wouldn't hurt.I vote Joomla!

I too think Joomla is the best. I tried Joomla, Drupal, Mambo and XOOPS. I like Joomla among those. Joomla is very easy and flexible CMS. It can be tweaked to your needs easily. You can find tons of templates for Joomla. And many useful extensions are also available. They can make your development process very easy and fast. Even a beginner can easily install and manage joomla and its templates. I vote for Joomla.

Flexibility, support, a large number of templates and extensions make Joomla the best CMS in then whole world. Someone here said beginners should start with PHP-Fusion but I don't think that is true. i tried it and I got stuck before doing anything. I wanted to start by changing the site's name from PHP-Fusion powered site to my name and I couldn't find a way of doing that. I asked myself "If changing the site name is so complex what more customizing the pages themselves?" Let's not assume that anything with a few features is for beginners.Has anyone ever heard of Kentiko, a CMS for ASP,etc whose price ranges from $0.00 to close to $20,000.00. I find it difficult to justify such a price difference. I tried to install the free version on my machine but I was getting errors. Me being the impatient Kudmus, I browsed to the installation file, selected it and pressed Shift+Delete.