xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinc2

Ps3 Or Wii?

Anyone here owns a ps3 as well as a Wii? Can you please list up which one should I buy? I really cant think lol, because I think that ps3 has awesome graphics but Wii is more healthy for your body and interactive.Also, my sister will be sharing it, so what do you think as a girl would prefer to buy? (she said it doesn?t matter, but I can tell she matter)

Let me tell you one thing. I have the Wii, and oh boy, is it GOOD! But only for the first month

At first I was so wanting it, like none other, I stayed at bestbuy 5 hours so they can get new shippings, and when I got my Wii, I LOVED IT. But when you have it for more than a month, the controls get boring. Not boring, but use to it. Like now when I use my Wii, and when I use PS3/XBOX 360, it makes no difference

Wii lacks in online play

Wii lacks in graphics

Wii lacks in games

Most of the Wii games are kiddy games like Nikodeon and disney channel and cartoon network. You hardly have any games, and the online system is built for children under 13. There is no voice chat online, you can't even give yourself a nickname in brawl...For all I know you could be dueling robots

Now PS3 on the other hand

Not only are you buying A PS3!, but your also getting yourself a bluray player which if you don't know what it is, read about it. It's 400$ by it self.

PS3 has free downloads, crazy online, ALL the good games, and so on. It even does some control motion *BLEEP* like the Wii does.

Now you say you interact with the wii and get excersize...Lol. You play Wii sports for 2 hours and you don't play it again. The interaction thing is fake. Really it makes no difference.

The excersise there are none. Whoever, HONESTLY, buys the Wii Fit is an idiot. You do hulahoops and pushups? You don't need Wii Fit for that man.

tl;dr = Wii is all hyped but isn't any good. I have it, and I would rather prefer the PS3.

Hey buddy! Thanks for the comments =)After looking at your comments, I feel like both of them sucks lol. Like seriously, you got a awesome points right there, ?play 2 hour and never play again,? and true, that exercise does not need wii, now I?m not gonna buy both of them, rather I am going to buy two PSP slim, one for me and one for my sister, and I still have a little? left, to buy icecream haha.Well, I?m still wondering if I should buy a psp slim or a ipod? I actually favours more on psp because:PSP slim can play good graphic gamesWhile ipod nano cannotPSP slim can be used as a phone through VoIP (Voice over IP)While ipod nano cannotPSP slim can play wide screen movie without using magnifiersWhile ipod nano cannotIf you have any comments about weather I should be a psp slim or a nano.. please post =)

I have Ipod, and if your a huge music fan and go out a lot then maybe. If not then no

About the PSP Slim thing. Same thing, if you go out A LOT, I'm talking about like everyday for 4h+, then yes, but if you spend most of your time at home, you and your sister will like it better :(

Well, I’m still wondering if I should buy a psp slim or a ipod? I actually favours more on psp because:

PSP slim can play good graphic games

True

While ipod nano cannot

PSP slim can be used as a phone through VoIP (Voice over IP)

True

While ipod nano cannot

PSP slim can play wide screen movie without using magnifiers

True

While ipod nano cannot

If you have any comments about weather I should be a psp slim or a nano.. please post =)

If you seriously don't want a PS3, and are choosing between an iPod and a PSPSLIM, I'll get that. Because I have an IPOD video (not touch) and I bought for 400, and I regret everyday for not doing so. You can buy extendable memory for PSP, you can watch movies, go on internet, play games, voice, the whole deal. And even has speakers for music :(

So yes, either PS3 or PSP. You decide :D

Edited by amirborna (see edit history)

Wii lacks in online play

Not really, it's the fault of developers that ignore it. Loads of Nintendo games have online play. Even MoH Heroes2 does.

Wii lacks in graphics

Again, fault of the developers who say "OH IT'S A NINTENDO CONSOLE SO IT'S NOT POWERFUL"But some other developers...
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Most of the Wii games are kiddy games like Nikodeon and disney channel and cartoon network.

Oh, sorry then, I'll go play my childish Manhunt 2 and Resident Evil 4.

Now PS3 on the other hand
Not only are you buying A PS3!, but your also getting yourself a bluray player which if you don't know what it is, read about it. It's 400$ by it self.

PS3 has free downloads, crazy online, ALL the good games, and so on. It even does some control motion *BLEEP* like the Wii does.

All the good games. You know why? Developers who saw the success of the PS2 think that the PS3 will have a bigger success. So they make more exclusives.

Now you say you interact with the wii and get excersize...Lol. You play Wii sports for 2 hours and you don't play it again. The interaction thing is fake. Really it makes no difference.

What. There's a *bleep*ing IR Camera on the Wiimote, which has been proven.

The excersise there are none. Whoever, HONESTLY, buys the Wii Fit is an idiot. You do hulahoops and pushups? You don't need Wii Fit for that man.

True. But Reggie stated that Wii Fit is not something to be done without regular excersising.

tl;dr = Wii is all hyped but isn't any good. I have it, and I would rather prefer the PS3.

You can choose whatever you want. I'm not saying the PS3 is not a good console, I'm just saying the Wii is underestimated.

I have the Wii so I have every right to say this:1I didn't say DOESN'T have online play, I said lacks IN online play.2Wii lacks in graphics it's developers fault...Uh know, the only good graphics it has is cartoon *BLEEP* like sonic and brawl, even gamecube was good in that. No game on it has good graphics other than sonic, and that is nothing3Most Wii games ARE childish. Manhunt 2 and RE4? Dang yo, bad taste in games IMO4.Developers this, devolopers that. If it has no good games, then it sucks, period. The developers chose not to build it on the wii because they know it sucks5.The IR camera is nothing new, dunk hunt had that too6.Wii is not underestimatedOnly thing any good about it is the "creative" controller.The truth is, only some games actually use it. Many of it's good games hardly implement it at allBut hey, if your willing to give up graphics, games, lack in online quality, and the whole 9 yards just so you can move your arm up and down since you oviously don't get enough excercize to think moving your arm will count, then by all means, BUY THE WII, SWING YOUR ARMS, GAIN MUSCLE AND LOSE WEIGHT!!

ps3 of course!!!! they are working on their own motion sensor project like the wii!!!!i would say the xbox.... but the only good thing about it is the video card is a little better and halo.....of course that and ps3 are very debatable and everyone has their opinions, but if i were choosing between yours, it would be the ps3 hands down.and i dont know much of the psp slim, but wouldnt waste money on it... the games will be ok, but i like ones on real consoles and computers...if your into gaming, then do psp... otherwise, get an iphone or touch.with the right products, you can do voip with touch and iphone and play a huge selection of games with the new developer program, but it may not be that great.i would just save up for an xbox lol.... or you should make your own ps2 laptop!

Notice from rvalkass:
Please don't double post - use the Edit button if you want to add to your post.

Why don't you go ahead and ask "Apple Mac or Limited edition snow globe, PS3 & xbox 360 people can help you, But the wii and PS3's are completely different. Do you want a party console or do you want a games console, can you afford the PS3, would you rather spend the difference, no one can say but you, do some research, what would you rather have?PS3 attempted to give you more control over games with there unconfortable controller which is actually exactly the same as a ps2 controller except it has an extra function thats hardly even used. As for the motion sensor for the PS3, nintendo own their patent which limits Sony's capabilities, if you want motion sensor get a wii, dont waste your money on the PS3 for something thats been done, will be better and is cheaper!PSP , i bought mine, ?300 with 2 games, worst ?300 i ever spent, i would wipe my *bottom* with my psp if toilet paper no longer existed!

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I love wannabe gamers I really do :D sarcasm aside, the Wii was developed for the motion sensor technology, graphics has never been Nintendo's big thing and that is true throughout all their consoles. As for the motion technology the Wii and PS3 are using two different set ups, in which the Wii is using for 3-d Motion sensor and the PS3 does not and so the patents are completely different. I have tried both systems and both have their pro's and cons and if I had the time and money I would have gotten a Wii myself because of the exercise one gets from using the Wii, and that is a huge marketing tool and if anyone has been paying attention to sales, which I doubt any of the posters are, Wii has been successful over both the 360 and PS3 to the point that stores are having a hard time keeping them in stock.I like to comment on amirborna if I may,#1 The way the Wii is set up for online play is simplicity in itself, you don't need all these chat rooms and lounges and junk like that, just get to the game and get over with, Of course, the Wii is more of a home/party interaction then online play and so I doubt they wanted to emphasize in online gaming as much as the 360 and the PS3 have.#2 Again refer to my comments on the graphics, every gamer knows that Wii lacks the graphics engine, but that is not what Nintendo is about. Any true gamer knows that it is more about the graphics and if you play games based on their graphics then you have some problems.#3 If you think about it video games are completely childish, and yet you see adults in their 30-40's still playing these childish games. Your perspective on gaming is base on misconception and any gamer would rip your posts apart because of that misconception.#4 Then why is the Nintendo outselling the 360 and PS3? Answer me that and maybe I retract my statement.#5. And yet, Wii does more with technology then anyone else has, ooh point and shoot not hard to figure out there.#6 It is, especially in the American and European Markets, Japanese game and console makers are not stupid and Nintendo took a huge risk and it has paid off for them.As for your last statement, I blame it on online gamers for ruining the gaming market by taking the joy out of gaming by making them short and go crazy with online content and junk like that. Your views, though opinionated, are completely wrong when it comes to gaming.Now for the original question of this topic, it don't matter which console you get, if you got the cash to sink in a Ps3 and its games go right on a head, but if you want to do more then just site and twist your wrists then get a Wii.I partially agree with kobra about the motion technology, gaming companies are not stupid for designing games using that sixaxis motion sensor, because the games would become horrible because sony's motion sensor technology sucks and very buggy. Besides, Sony's motion is more damaging to your wrists then the Wii is because of how limited it is.Again I agree with with kobra, the PSP sucks, I don't see how people could play games with such a small screen. Back in the day when Sega and Nintendo were dominating the console market, I got the sega game gear, what a waste of $150 right there, as I only bought two games and they came with the game gear. Talk about damaging your eyes with such a small screen.