xisto Community
alex1985

Ipod Tools ???

I bought the IPOD, but I need many tools for this device to perform many different functions. I already got iTunes, so do not list it over here. List some useful tools for IPOD with the description of its functions.

Actually, I believe that iTunes is more than enough needed. My friend has an iPod Nano and he only uses iTunes, nothing less, nothing more.Ah... I still remember the time we tried to install linux and semi-bricked it. We fixed it later though. Phew.

iTunes isn't really needed. That's just what apple wants you to believe. There's several players that can interact with ipods these days, Winamp being one of them.

Are you a mac or PC User?I Am a mac user and I Use Ipoddisk. It mounts the ipod as a disk (letting you see all the files and folders on the ipod, as in the music files)There was one program I had on windows... I can't remember what it was called, I think it was called GTK pod that had been ported to windows. Also Songbird, Media Monkey (I think) and winamp work with iPods.

Theres also another program called ephpod which allows you to upload music from any computer risk free of deleting your data with the syncing thing apple has done with their software. you can avoid using iTunes to add music to your ipod with ephpod without worrying of your music being deleted in the process.If you have an ipod video theres many moviefiles to mp4 programs out there, you can use tmpegenc which allows you to encode movie files in different formats to fit compatability with your devices.