xisto Community
Striker9

Credits Problem

Well thanks to BuffaloHELP now my problem is solved and I can login to my cPanel anytime I want to and I already started building my website and everything is going smoothly so far :D but there's still one simple problem that needs to be solved and it has something to do with my credits because when BuffaloHELP re-activated my account and changed my status from HOSTED back to MEMBERS and then I created my hosting account all over again with the same login information I requested when I first created my account, I lost all my credits!!!! I had 82.57 credits and now I'm left with nothing! So please could someone help me by restoring my credits back?! Moreover, when I first created my account (when it didn't actually work well) I had 60 credits and then when I created the account I was left with nothing although it says that it costs 30 credits to create a hosting account of the second plan. So anyway, I just want my credits back if that's possible, and thanks to anyone that could help :(

Should have read the fine print about what happens to your credits once your hosting account is created. Basically once your hosting account has been credits your credits get reduced down to 2-4, depending on how lucky you are, and so if you have more then 10 or 30 credits, depending which package you get. All extra credits will be reduce and so you want to immediately start posting and bring yourself up to at least 10+ credits to put a little buffer zone to check out your hosting account or upload any of your web pages. However, once you become hosted, you will lose one credit a day so make sure to post during the week when you get a chance, and if your site gets suspended then all you need to do is build up to 4+ credits, wait an hour and your website is back up and running.

Due to the way the credit system is designed, when you apply and get approved your credits get reset to a specific number rather than subtracted. That is why we recommend users to apply for hosting once they have enough credits and not to continue on after they've applied until after they're approved. I'm not sure if this design will be re-designed in the future, though.

Yeah you guys are right. I think I should have created my hosting account directly after getting the 30 credits instead of delaying it till when I had 60 credits. This way I lost around 30 credits, that's too much to lose I guess especially that I'm hoping to get a free domain. Anyway, I hope that BuffaloHELP or OpaQue would give me back the credits I've lost because I really need them... anyway, I do not post for credits on this forum, I really enjoy it over here, it's a great community :D

Yes community is great and help is even greater. Also if you are regularly posting and making good and sound posts then you should probably end up with free domain. That is the main reason why Xisto is the greatest you can get free hosting and free domain and yet enjoy discussions and help nice community and welcoming administrators. It is just that sometimes there are people who doesn't understand this and start writing bad reviews and selling over bad names about trap. I am here a little over a year and I feel great it is really good community I have also obtained free domain name and made small site around now hosting some 3,000 visitors well more or less each month. And no one has never said me anything about bandwidth or anything else.It is just great community. And I hope it lives on. Long time.

Due to the way the credit system is designed, when you apply and get approved your credits get reset to a specific number rather than subtracted. That is why we recommend users to apply for hosting once they have enough credits and not to continue on after they've applied until after they're approved. I'm not sure if this design will be re-designed in the future, though.

I never quite saw that.
So, what happens to someone like me, who's looking at getting a .com as well as the 2nd package? I've been saving up so I could get both at once. I don't mind having to get the domain first, then getting another 30-40 credits, but I won't be happy if I have to get the 2nd package, then lose the credits and have to get the domian after.

Live _ Dimension,You would be better off grabbing your Hosting as soon as possible, and then earning your Domain Credits.

I never quite saw that.
So, what happens to someone like me, who's looking at getting a .com as well as the 2nd package? I've been saving up so I could get both at once. I don't mind having to get the domain first, then getting another 30-40 credits, but I won't be happy if I have to get the 2nd package, then lose the credits and have to get the domian after.

According to what i've heard, you have to first be hosted in order to receive your free domain. Sorry.

Do you have to be hosted first and then collect the credits to get the domain?Yes, it is necessary.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/46612-free-domain-name-free-domain-for-life/

Ok, But I still don't see why it can't be done at the same time. Any reasons?

You might have to ask OpaQue directly for you answer, i am ignorant of the reason(s).

oh that sucks for you Live Dimension. I was thinking about doing the same actually, but then I decided to start with the sub-domain and then try to earn my free domain credits with time. This way is better for me, because this way I'll have more visitors and members on my site and then I'd have some sort of an upgrade by switching to a domain name instead of the sub domain. I don't know, it just sounds better for me :( anyway, I hope that you could get your free domain before you are hosting so that you wouldn't have to lose all the credits you've saved so far. And in case that's not possible, hopefully OpaQue can sort it out for you and find you a solution, and hopefully he would find a solution for MY credits problem :D well... I'm sure he would :(

Yea. I haven't really even posted since this thread. It's natural to assume when your going to "purchase" something, only the amount is deducted, nothing more.Oh well...

Striker9, if you need some credits you should participate in the next credit givaway I will be holding soon. Check the hosted members forum occasionally to see when it will be up.

Do you have to be hosted first and then collect the credits to get the domain?Yes, it is necessary.

I believe the reason for this is that OpaQue wants the domain to cost 250 HOSTED credits. It is really a shame because hosted credits are so much more difficult to obtain than non-hosted credits. I could collect 250 non hosted credits in a week if I tried...

Striker9, if you need some credits you should participate in the next credit givaway I will be holding soon. Check the hosted members forum occasionally to see when it will be up.

I believe the reason for this is that OpaQue wants the domain to cost 250 HOSTED credits. It is really a shame because hosted credits are so much more difficult to obtain than non-hosted credits. I could collect 250 non hosted credits in a week if I tried...

Unless there's a different algorythm - the only difference is that hosted credits get deducted once a day. In that case, I'm quite happy to emulate when I pay for it. Instead of x credits, I'd need x + days since signed up.

Domain Registration is very expensive on my Pocket. So, First Hosting is approved and the members are requested to collect credits for domain registration. This way, if the member spams by the time he requests domain registration, I can safely delete the data and cover losses. Domains once registered are FIXED for 1 year. Thank you.