xisto Community
demonlord

Need A Name For A Hosting Site

Ok so i'm thinking about setting up a paid and free hosting site with Xisto - Web Hosting resaller plan. but i'm having no luck coming up with a name for the site, evey thing i have tryed it taken arleady. so i was wonder if i could get some help with picking a name? so dose any body have any ideas? I dont wont it to be one of those super long domain names.Thanks

i'd say you try the Domain Name Suggestion Tool provided by Xisto - Domains.com :D

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

just enter the keyword/s you might want to include in your domain name, and the page will cough out some recommendations. :( as you don't want super long domain names, you can limit the suggestions you receive between 5 to 10, just pick it from the dropdown menu provided.

for example, i have opted to use the keyword "host" with up to a maximum length of 10 letters for domain name suggestions, and it gave me some quite good suggestions. :( it covers .com, .net, .org, .info. .biz and .us results, and if ever a TLD is already taken for such a domain, it will show up as an un-check-able box. that simplifies registration too with XISTO since when you find a worthy domain to pick as your own, you just check the domain+TLD extension name you want, and proceed with your purchase.

Xisto - Domains.com is a sister-site of Xisto.com, powered by XISTO. :(

The most successful sites are personal, quick, and to the point. Look at craigslist for example...just took his name and made a simple layout. My suggestion is think of something that relates the site to you, and if its short enough, go with it. You will have much more satisfaction knowing the site is not just another one in a million, make it yours!

Something short, catchy and easy to pronounce. Maybe within four or five letters or so, after all, if your service is really good, names are'nt important at all.

This isn't within four to five letters but I am going to suggest it anyway.I personally think that this would be a good domain name for your host site.PlatinumHost.com.net.org.info or whatever your gona use.~TheKoolAidGuy

Well I'm a webdesigner and it took me a while to come up with my business name. for some reason i like the word Club. well i was thinking for 2 days on something that i could put the word club in. well I came up with Clubnet then you know its to broad of a name and alot of people use it, so i wanted to add something extra on it. Which sonner or later when i get my busines bigger i will use the last part of my name lol. But he fill name of my busines is Clubnet-host. Which i thought was a catchy name. But in order for me to get to where i was on the name i added in some words that i liked. Its all about thinking about something that you are going to like for the rest of your lives. It just also be so lucky that clubnet-host.com was opned so i took it and now i couldn't be any more happier than i already am. Dont use someone else thoughts/ Use your own. you will respect it more and and be happier. Trust me. People tried giving me ideas but i didn't like any of them. So what if it takes you a week or so at least you will like it and respect your choice.