xisto Community
Prophet.K

Vbulletin Or Ipb

Okay so recently i got the new IPB 2.3.3 Company package that cost me about 300 dollars, and my friend told me that i should get a vBulletin because a lot of people use it and it was a really good thing or forums to use. So i got it and i don't really know which one to keep because their all pretty much the same thing exept tht the vBulletin has a little more themes, or a lot more themes/skins that the IPB gives. I also like how IPB is easy to manage compared to vBulletin which is a little hard to control..Anyone tell em which one is better and why the forum is better then the other one.

Both of them are nice. If we look by default, IP Board looks nicer than vBulletin. Control panel is more stylish in IPB than vBulletin. But if you're advanced or call it experienced, you should go with vBulletin. It has more features than vBulletin. About modification and skins, they both has many mods and skins available to download in net. I recommend you keep vBulletin.

Vbulletin has way more mods than IPB.But IPB has more of that *website* feel and less forum likeBut at the same time, VB is way better in terms of everything else...I would go with IPB if you don't feel like modding, but VB if you do.Here is my forum /legacy

Okay. So yea i had a vBulletin all this time and i didn't know about how many mods they were for the forums. So i got sick of the forums. So right now im transfering everything. I think i did a back up of my forums, when it was in vBulletin, but i'm not sure if i did it right. This is what i did, I went intto the admin control panel and i went to the bottom where it says back up , and i took a back up. I got this file called vBulletin.sql So if anyone knows if did it right that would be awesome. I also want to know if i did a back-up do i get to keep all the members of my forums, or will it replace it, along with the posts and threads. If i deletes or the threads were never their.

Okay so recently i got the new IPB 2.3.3 Company package that cost me about 300 dollars, and my friend told me that i should get a vBulletin because a lot of people use it and it was a really good thing or forums to use. So i got it and i don't really know which one to keep because their all pretty much the same thing exept tht the vBulletin has a little more themes, or a lot more themes/skins that the IPB gives.
I also like how IPB is easy to manage compared to vBulletin which is a little hard to control..

Anyone tell em which one is better and why the forum is better then the other one.

Correction, the new version is 2.3.5.

And I would keep the IPB. It's way easier to use then Vbulletin, I think. I also like the pro skin way better than the vbulletin default one.

vBulletin is the best in my eyes. More mods, large control panel and its fast.Although, if you're fine with your current forum i'd keep it. Don't go through alot of trouble to improve your forum only a little bit.. So, depents on how far ur forum is.. how many members/posts.. if it isnt even up, then go for vBulletin.

Why do you ask us here for an opinion? You have them both, try them. Nobody can decide better than you because you have an option of trying and reviewing both scripts so after you're done with testing you should know what to choose. If I had to choose, I would go for IPB due to better stability and safety but that's only my personal opinion.

Why do you ask us here for an opinion? You have them both, try them. Nobody can decide better than you because you have an option of trying and reviewing both scripts so after you're done with testing you should know what to choose. If I had to choose, I would go for IPB due to better stability and safety but that's only my personal opinion.

Very true, it really is whatever you find easier for you to manage and which one seems of best quality to suit your needs. I have used both or at least been moderator/administrator on both boards and have found they both do the same thing. I think I prefer Invision a little more though because of some of the features it has but truly even PHPBB works fine for me as it is free and no license is needed. In the end though it is up to you.

As some of the people before me said, vBuletin is more mod friendly and IP.B is more user friendly though both of them are commercial software and that doesn't fit me at all. But, because you have licences for both of 'em I suggest you go for vBulletin if it's for more professional site, or with IP Board if it's for more newbie friendly guests.

If I didn't have the licences with no doubt I would have chosen phpBB because I feel that I really like it and it's Free Software too.

vB is great-if you have the money. Nearly everything for it costs money. Most themes, even some MODs cost money, but it looks really professional. A good free alternative to vB is Simple Machines Forum. It isn't as powerful, but it iis still really good.