xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etycto

How Was Your Last Day Of School

today was my last day of school i had to take my chemistry ( i got a C on it which sucks) and history (probablu got an A) final exams. it was not too special it was funny because a lot of people got in trouble for not wearing the right dresscode (stupid kids), there was "no end of the year fight" so that sucked but it was ok.how was your last day?

I live in Australia so our school year calendar is 6 months off yours, and our holidays are generally spread out instead of having one 3 month holiday and then other 3 1week long; we have 2 weeks for easter, 3 for winter, 2 for september/october and 8 for december/january. Our winter holidays begin on June 18 and end on July 14 or something. But before that I have exam block from the 7th June (today) to 17th June (2nd last day). We only need to go to school for exams and after each exam we go back home to study. I have 6 exams in total for my 6 OP Subjects... Modern History, Mathematics B, English, French, Geography and Economics! :D

My last day was about a week ago, so I don't remember all the specifics but...well it went pretty good. My school does this thing where we take Finals(testing) on the last 3 days of school, but we get out of school early. I had to take my two hardest finals on the last day of school. Looking back at the year, it seems that it went by really fast. I haven't got back my grades but hopefully I get all A's. Ya, I'm a high achiever.

I live in Sri Lanka and I changed my school after passing my Ordinary level exam. Leaving my older school which was Wesley college was once in a life time experience. Well, actually I took my leaving certificate, came to the gate, turned around and looked at the my school, then turned back and walked through the gate for the last time. It wasn't that hard.

My class basically did no work on the last day of school for this term which was great because we got a rest.......we watched some movies and did what we wanted too which was a surprise from our teacher...On holidays now ;)

Edited by ausbus (see edit history)

I live in Australia so our school year calendar is 6 months off yours, and our holidays are generally spread out instead of having one 3 month holiday and then other 3 1week long; we have 2 weeks for easter, 3 for winter, 2 for september/october and 8 for december/january. Our winter holidays begin on June 18 and end on July 14 or something. But before that I have exam block from the 7th June (today) to 17th June (2nd last day). We only need to go to school for exams and after each exam we go back home to study. I have 6 exams in total for my 6 OP Subjects... Modern History, Mathematics B, English, French, Geography and Economics! ;)

Now I am on holidays, my last day was last Wednesday. Last Tuesday was the last day of exam block and is the day I had my modern history exam.

I had an AWESOME last day.

I got my Modern History results...

for our knowledge exam I got B+
for the 600 word essay written in exam i got B-/B

I achieved great grades for french:
Listening A-
Reading A
Writing A
Speaking we did not do this term.

For my geography exam I got an A, for Maths B I basically got an A as well.

I was in an absolutely spiffing mood on the last day. It was great.

Now for my report card, which should come in the mail sometime this week.

A200

Hmm, my last day of school was on Friday, so lets see what I can remember...First of all, on Friday my school has "Friday Reading," where the teachers must spend the first 15 minutes of class having us read. I usually just sit there and pretend to read though, since I really hate reading books. By th e way, you may notice I only have four classes, and this is due to the way my school works. For the first semester, I have only four classes each day and each is about an hour and a half. Then the second semester I have the other four classes that I did not have yet.The day starts off with Spanish III, and in this class I had a small quiz. It was fairly easy. It was on imperfect verbs, and translating sentences that used them. This class went really fast and wasn't hard or stressful.Next I had Phys Ed. This class is funny, because there used to have two classes combined, but at a point each class has to go to Safety ed. My freind was with the second gym teacher and is off at Safety ed. Along with him went nearly all the guys. It's funny, now there are a total of seven guys in the class and maybe 20 girls? Well anyway, in Friday's class we just warmed up with stretching and a little jogging. After that we played some softball where it was impossible to strike out. We didn't play very long so I got to hit the ball one time, and it never came close tome during field play. Oh well, gym was over and was really easy and fast.Next I have Honors US History II. This class is split in half for lunch in the middle. Most of the first half was used up for the Friday reading, and after that I only had to do a little reading and answering questions with a group. Luckily I was assigned a good group. We finished most before lunch.Now was lunch, there are three lunch periods in my school. Each semester everyone gets assigned one.' A' lunch is right after block two. 'B'lunch is in the middle off third block. And 'C' lunch is right after block three. I obviously have 'B' lunch. So I go, stand in line. Luckily not too many people butted in line. I never but and line and that is one of my pet peeves I guess. It was pizza. Every Friday is pizza at my school district. Sometimes they switch it up with different types of pizza, but this was just plain old "Italian Cheeze Pizza." Nothing special. Just greasy not special pizza. Not very good or bad, but also no very filling since you only get one piece, a small drink, some vegetables, and a desert. Sat with friends at lunch, and they're pretty out of control but whatever. Now it was time to go back to History class.Returning to History class, we finished up our reading and questions from the text book. Now we had to present to the class as they copy down our answers. I don't' mind speaking in front of the class, and neither did my group. Things went OK for that. I then had to copy down other group's answers. All the groups didn't finish presenting, so now the rest of the answers are homework. Didn't do that yet, but shouldn't be too hard.Next was Computer Applications I. I put this class as an alternative if the other classes I wanted, like Web Design, werent' available, and I got this. Great, now I'm going to be the master of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This teacher takes Friday Reading very seriously and makes us make a response on the day's reading strategy. Today's strategy was Visualizing, so I had to type a little bit on what I could visualize. The only other thing we had to do in this class was type some paper up and use a few formatting on it from Microsoft Word. Well I had gotten this done the day before since I'm a fast typist, and I had nothing to do... so GAMES! Yay, that's fun. I just went on my old website and played flash games the whole time. My school tries to block all websites with games, but mine isn't popular enough to get caught, so I'm in good shape :lol:. This class was cut short for a pep rally at the end of the day. I hate pep rallies, because they're unbearably loud, hot, crammed, and boring. The noise is the worst, they have the the loud speakers turned up so loud my ears literally start ringing and go all rattly. Lucky I went to the library at school earlier in the morning to reserve a spot on the list to go there instead of the pep rallies. Luckily two of my friends did the same and we could hang out. We just went on the computer. I answered a couple questions on that History homework, but spent the rest of the time browsing Google from 2001. My one friend was working in Flash and my other was showing me stuff he made, like how he's learning how to make platforming games. Bell rings and it's time to leave. A huge rush of students pours out of the doors of the gym where th pep rally was held. They're all hyped up and loud, typical after a pep rally...Now it was time to go home. One of my friends rides on the bus home so I talked to him for a bit. Listen to my iPod Classic the rest. Even though I'm one of the last off the bus, it is a quick ride since it's not a rowdy bus, and I have something to do whether it is a game of music.Well that was my Friday.

Well Friday's are supposed to be good. But my last Friday at school was very boring.I started off the day with double IT then I had Media class followed by Religion then Physics. I slacked through most of this day.Hoping that I will start to pay attention in class soon. End of year exams are coming up in a matter or 12 or so weeks, I'm hoping I can be motivated to get 10 weeks of studying in. But I know it'll probably be only 3-4 weeks worth. I'm also taking up a higher level of IT [which is boring] the exams for this occur 4-5 weeks earlier so that's not really great.