xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inhuman

I'm Moving Out within the next couple years

Seriously, I can't take this woman any more. My mother is a menopausal psycho. Last week she smashed my laptop that I got for my high school graduation. Here's the story: My grandmother asked me to mail a letter for her. I refused cuz the day was humid and I wanted ot save myself for work. I could have mailed it on my way to work, but no one had thought of that at the time. So my grandmother went to mail it and almost got into an accident. My mom freaked out about that, and the fact that I refused to go, so she threw my laptop out of the window. I can't get it repaired because it'd be more than what it's worth.I can't stand living with her any more....She acts like a high school drama queen. She thinks she can make up the rules as she goes, but the problem with that is that she has no credibility. She's been out of work for the past 6 months, and I've been busting my *bottom* at UPS. I'm actually considering a second job just so I can get more money quicker. Here's what I need to get/accomplish: Bank account, new laptop, new cell phone, car (I've been driving my grandmother's), and enough money to move far away from her insanity.I'm thinking of moving in with someone I et at another message board. She's pretty cool, and only lives one state south of me. We've talked on the phone several times over the course of the last 8-10 months (don't remember exactly when we were talkin on the phone). We haven't had the chance to hang out yet, but we have had our fights and gotten past them. I don't know when she'll be financially ready, but when I am, I'm out of here.

Damn I feel for you man, my mom is like that but Instead of throwing my computer out the window she would start lunging fists at my face and trying to knee me in the balls. I know how it feels, I know it's aggravating and you can't stand it, and this one time I was an inch from self defending myself and swaying my arm in a 180% angle knocking her to the floor, but I know if that happens she will call the police; we don't want that ;DSee the thing is with parents like these, mine especially, is that they are stressed out and they don't know how to take their stress out, so they do it on you. They feel you are their child so they can do and have the right to do whatever it is they feel like doing; but that is not the case. You need to clearly tell her what she is doing is wrong and you don't like it. I know, I know, it won't work, that's what I said, but with these females you need to let them fight themselves. When they start trying to start *BLEEP* with you, don't respond. When they say "Blah blah blah blah" in a rude way, instead of saying "why do you say it like that" like I would use to do, I ignore it and just do it.One thing I can suggest to you is, trust me, I'm only 17 and haven't had first hand experience, but from my cousin I know that moving out is hard. And the last thing you want is to rely on someone you haven't met in person who lives in another state. People like hanging out with each other, but rarely do people like taking care of someone else; people have their own problems.Since you know what type of person your mother is, you just either have to live with it or get out. I suggest live with it because so you finish your college if you are going and whatnot. It will be very difficult paying for college and house, and car insurance, and all bills and all the other stuff you want at the same time.Try this next time with your mom. Whatever she says, stop what you are doing and do it. Either that or they will use their pent up anger and frustration on you.Good luck, I hope I help ever a little bit!

Yea, I was goin to college, but I'm considerin droppin out so I can get out....then take up something that interests me later. I can't take being the only one working (2 jobs hopefully) while my mom just sits on the couch and gets fat, goes out to get drunk, or hangs out with her boyfriend. And yea, movin in with someone I hardly know may not be a grand idea, but it's certainly better than stayin here. I know what kind of person she (the girl I want to move in with) is, so I think it'll work itself out...if not, hey, a new learnin experience for me.As for my mother, my grandmother says she's depressed, but I don't see it. My dad (not my biological one, however) passed away a few years back, and her current boyfriend may not be doin too well himself, but I dunno. She acts like a high school drama queen and makes it seem like it's all about her. I mean, because of the laptop smashing, I can't even update my website....not like I did for a couple months, but I was planning on it!And thanks for the reply...maybe a different opinion could sway me from making a bad decision. People on that other message board said I need to GTFO ASAP.

Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

Personally I think you should reconsider and I tell you why, first do you really know that other girl for all you know she could be some control freak or something like that. Next, your going to school, would you really want to stop the learning the process just because of soem family problems? Also consider the financial costs as well, do you think you oculd properly take care of yourself if you soloed it or had a room mate? Trust me some days I can't stand my parents and sadly I still live with them but for various reasons, I can't afford these high rents, don't have a car of my own, credit rating sucks, working when I can find it.What I suggest is help your mother look for a job and as for the mail incident, you should have done it anyway, you could have cleaned yourself up for work, but of course if did made mention about doing it on your way to work, you computer would be one piece instead of a few thousand pieces. It all about being considerate and helping out, and when it comes to family struggling you should be there for them and help them out regardless of how mundane and bad it could be.So I say find way to get your mother back on her feet and stuff like that and maybe the problems will go away because of doing simple things like mailing a letter or junk like that.

I do happen to know this girl quite well...as I said we've talked on the phone several times over the past 6 months or so, and we know what's going on with the other. My laptop is in one piece, but the screen is destroyed. No one can help get my mom a job. My uncle (one of her older brothers) even tried getting her foot int he door with something, but she didn't take the initiative. Though with my current pay rate and hours, I wouldn't be able to support myself, I am considering a second job...like seriously considering. I need more money anyways to get a new laptop. I try to be considerate, but its kinda hard when your mother flips her S and breaks the one thing you enjoyed...the one thing you took care of out of all your possessions. It was her Bday and I called her a few choice words, ones that I normally would apologize for, but I am still holding my ground on it. I can't stay in this house if she is gonna act like a tyrant with out a throne.

Seriously, I can't take this woman any more. My mother is a menopausal psycho. Last week she smashed my laptop that I got for my high school graduation. Here's the story: My grandmother asked me to mail a letter for her. I refused cuz the day was humid and I wanted ot save myself for work. I could have mailed it on my way to work, but no one had thought of that at the time. So my grandmother went to mail it and almost got into an accident. My mom freaked out about that, and the fact that I refused to go, so she threw my laptop out of the window. I can't get it repaired because it'd be more than what it's worth.
I can't stand living with her any more....She acts like a high school drama queen. She thinks she can make up the rules as she goes, but the problem with that is that she has no credibility. She's been out of work for the past 6 months, and I've been busting my *bottom* at UPS. I'm actually considering a second job just so I can get more money quicker. Here's what I need to get/accomplish: Bank account, new laptop, new cell phone, car (I've been driving my grandmother's), and enough money to move far away from her insanity.

I'm thinking of moving in with someone I et at another message board. She's pretty cool, and only lives one state south of me. We've talked on the phone several times over the course of the last 8-10 months (don't remember exactly when we were talkin on the phone). We haven't had the chance to hang out yet, but we have had our fights and gotten past them. I don't know when she'll be financially ready, but when I am, I'm out of here.

I think it's pretty funny that you're calling her insane. Nothing you've said makes her look that way. I hate to bring back the old montage but " while living under her roof you must follow her rules". I think it's more classified as being lazy that you wouldn't simply mail a letter for her. Especially since you work at a ... mailing and delivery company. You're grandparents are older and no mater there shape, as it's not as well as yours, should be taken care of. You really should put your priorities in order and help out a little more when asked. Would have saved your grand parents aggravation and nervousness from your grand father almost getting in a wreck. Would have saved you your lap top. Would have been a lot less drama for all.

As far as moving out and in with a friend you met on the internet. That's your decision and I don't think anyone has the right to persuade you one way or another. You know your friend better then anyone else here. You know if she is crazy or sane. You'll find out realitivly quickly rather she is going to make a good roommate or not by her simple actions, like being messy not being able to pay the rent on time and other things like that. It may be good for you to move out, hopefully the pressure of the added responsibility will help you with some maturity.

amirborna: Yea, but that's TV.Aethix: It was my grandmother....but yea, I do agree that I need some maturity, but so does my mother. She constantly yells and screams to get her own way...she has slept on the couch in the living room for the past few years, instead of her own room. She lets my lil bro smoke (he isn't even in high school yet). To make matters worse, she takes away all my grandmother's confidence. She can drive pretty decently, but she does make mistakes on the occasion. It's because of those mistakes that my mom doesn't want her driving. She hasn't had a job for the last 6 months....I'm the only one workin and she'll give me crap for little things.As for my future room mate, she is a neat person...she told me she doesn't like a mess...and I'm kind of a messy person. :D But seriously, I don't mind changin that little aspect of myself.