xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sweet_princess

Will Muslims Have 72 Virgins In Heaven? Probably Not... According to the varying translations, this could be a mistake

This post is only for those who are familiar with the issue I'm talking about.The arabic word for 'virgin', could as mean 'dates', as in the fruit.So if you think logically, wherever 72 'virgins' are mentioned, it is probably a mistranslation, and should be 'dates'. It makes more sense, since dates are quite significant in Islam.Sorry, I edited this...I really don't want to debate about Islam anymore

Edited by sweet_princess (see edit history)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

They are all from the same person. This man is a deep critical thinker, and he makes you think so much it's crazy. I was once muslim, but once I opened my mind I learned the truth

Now 72 dates or 72 virgins. It's simple.
Men back then when the Koran was written wanted that kind of thing. They wrote it in the bible and of course every man dreams of that so men try to be good or whatever or dream or heaven so they can have 72 virgins

But hey, in trust me, in 1 night, i'm going to need new sets because they won't be virgin for long.

Therefore, the verses from the Koran which claim that a man will have 72 virgins in heaven

They wrote it in the bible and of course every man dreams of that so men try to be good or whatever or dream or heaven so they can have 72 virgins

Quick question to the both of you: Where are these verses? To sweet_princess, for i lack this knowledge and have searched the Qur'an but couldn't find it, so either i somehow missed it or it's in the Hadiths somewhere. To amirborna, for there is no such verse in the Bible as you will figure out after searching for it.

Quick question to the both of you: Where are these verses? To sweet_princess, for i lack this knowledge and have searched the Qur'an but couldn't find it, so either i somehow missed it or it's in the Hadiths somewhere. To amirborna, for there is no such verse in the Bible as you will figure out after searching for it.

There is no such verse...you're right.

I'm not sure where the 72 virgins come from, but I sure as hell wouldn't want them if I died here and now!

I really don't know where this idea came from, mainly the number 72. I'm a Muslim and I used to take religion and Qur'an classes at school and I was never told that if a Muslim blows himself up like those Al-Qaeda freaks do will get 72 virgins in heaven; on the other hand, I've been told that anyone that does that is nothing but a murderer and shall burn in hell! Well okay, God talks about extremely pretty women and men in heaven and promised anyone that does well in his life that he/she will go to heaven and get married to those. But I don't think this idea is only found in the Qur'an, I suppose it's also found in the bible and in the Torah. I would say this joke about the 72 virgins was either made up by the Western media or by those people that brainwash those stupid terrorists to encourage them to blow themselves up hoping that they would "die in the name of God" and then meet their desired 72 virgins. But Islam doesn't define "Jihad" (fighting in the name of God to defend our religion and land - our country) like terrorists claim. Jihad is nothing more than self defense, when an invader attacks you and threatens to occupy your land or insult your religion then it's your right and duty to fight this invader off!! I believe that's also a civil right/duty and guaranteed by the the United Nations.

Posted Image

rofl....

that is all I have to say....

:D

This proves nothing but your ignorance! Instead of arguing rationally and logically to prove your point of view, you chose to act funny and insult others' beliefs. Please learn how to respect others so that they would respect you, because when you post such a silly and absurd picture that is most likely created by some extremist who hates nothing in this world more than Islam, you do not deserve to be treated with any respect. And it would really surprise me if you (and the one that created that stupid picture) do not know ANYTHING about what Islam is TRULY about, not the Islam that western media is trying to promote in order to distort the true meaning of Islam. Well, I do not want to get into a discussion with someone like you because you're not even worth the time, once you grow up and learn how to respect yourself then I would consider talking to you and replying to your posts. I just demand that you would respect others and their beliefs even if you disagree with them.

Also not a muslism either, but the 72 virgins thing is very hard to believe imo! Gotta have to laugh at that picture posted by a pervious poster, which is a funny take on the virgins in heaven belief. But then again, "72 dates" is what it could meant.

This proves nothing but your ignorance! Instead of arguing rationally and logically to prove your point of view, you chose to act funny and insult others' beliefs. Please learn how to respect others so that they would respect you, because when you post such a silly and absurd picture that is most likely created by some extremist who hates nothing in this world more than Islam, you do not deserve to be treated with any respect. And it would really surprise me if you (and the one that created that stupid picture) do not know ANYTHING about what Islam is TRULY about, not the Islam that western media is trying to promote in order to distort the true meaning of Islam. Well, I do not want to get into a discussion with someone like you because you're not even worth the time, once you grow up and learn how to respect yourself then I would consider talking to you and replying to your posts. I just demand that you would respect others and their beliefs even if you disagree with them.

I'm truly sorry if I offended you. I intended that only to be a humorous joke. Honestly, I do not know enough about Islam to have an actual discussion about it. I did find that particular image very humorous though, and I think that we all need to have a laugh at ourselves occasionally. I did not post that as part of an argument or to prove a point, only as joke.

Virgin also translates to pure, or innocent. I don't know that innocent meant sexually chaste 1400 years ago, but it probably did. I just wonder where these 72 virgins come from. Were they human women who died very young while still virgins? Are there really 72 dead young girls for every man who earns them? Or does God wave his hand and create these virgins from nothing? Do we fornicate in heaven? What do you do on night number 73? I assume it's in the Koran since Muslims talk about it. The west didn't invent it, but maybe a Muslim leader did many years ago to provide incentive for his fighters to defend his land. After all, religion is a tool invented by the rich to keep the commoners in line.Kansuke, the pic is hilarious. Some people imagine enemies and hateful intentions everywhere.........

I'm truly sorry if I offended you. I intended that only to be a humorous joke. Honestly, I do not know enough about Islam to have an actual discussion about it. I did find that particular image very humorous though, and I think that we all need to have a laugh at ourselves occasionally. I did not post that as part of an argument or to prove a point, only as joke.

It's okay don't worry about it, you just made it seem like you're making fun about Islam by what you said under the image, but if it's only as a joke then I have to agree that it's really funny too! And actually, the whole concept of having 72 virgins is a joke in my opinion, I'm a Muslim and I know that there's no such thing (specifically) in Islam. This was either made up by the Western media to distort the image of Islam and make Muslim men seem like sexually suppressed creatures that would do anything to get laid; or maybe by some terrorist leader who wants to give his men something to fight for... either way, it's just PATHETIC!

Virgin also translates to pure, or innocent. I don't know that innocent meant sexually chaste 1400 years ago, but it probably did. I just wonder where these 72 virgins come from. Were they human women who died very young while still virgins? Are there really 72 dead young girls for every man who earns them? Or does God wave his hand and create these virgins from nothing? Do we fornicate in heaven? What do you do on night number 73? I assume it's in the Koran since Muslims talk about it. The west didn't invent it, but maybe a Muslim leader did many years ago to provide incentive for his fighters to defend his land. After all, religion is a tool invented by the rich to keep the commoners in line.

As you MIGHT know, teachings of Islam come from the Qur'an and Hadith (what the prophet Mohammed used to tell people). There are many people who try to explain the scripts of the Qur'an and the Hadith but they fail to. If you knew Arabic you would have known that the Qur'an is written in a standard of language no human can match, various excellent men that study literature and stuff like that tried to write a book similar to the Qur'an and failed to even write one verse like it, and eventually ended up believing that the Qur'an was sent by God and thus they converted to Islam. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that not anyone can explain Qur'anic scripts, there's a separate science in Arabic literature that deals with it, and in order to be able to explain the Qur'an you must have great knowledge of Arabic literature and the history of Islam and the Prophet's life. So many people who TRY to explain the scripts commit a huge mistake by explaining it as it is, while most of the Qur'an is rhetoric and metaphorical, which means sometimes God may say something which implies to something else, for example 72 virgins would most likely mean "great rewards and pleasure" and not 72 girls that were born and died as virgins! But it's known that in heaven there are other creatures (not angels nor humans) who are extremely beautiful and they would be at the service of the good people that were rewarded by heaven. And answering your questions... Yes, God could wave a hand and create as many girls or virgins or whatever you want; God is omnipotent and could do anything and everything! Do we fornicate in heaven? No, we don't, simply because there's no judgment after heaven, so everything is accepted there... but of course you won't see no one killing other people or wars or whatever because life there is totally different there, you've got everything you would dream (or do not dream) of! No one can actually imagine what heaven looks like or how life is there because our brain is not capable of doing so, just like it's not capable of thinking of the nature of God or answering the question "where did God come from?" but at least we have clues that prove the existence of God. And as I said above, I'm very positive that it's not the Qur'an that talked about 72 virgins, this concept was made up by someone which doesn't want any good for Islam, they only want Muslims to look bad in a way...

I, personally, am an atheist and I agree with Kansuke that religion was invented to keep the poor in control. I don't beleive in heaven, or hell, and think that the men who kill these people to go to heaven are being misguided by their interpretation of their religion. Most of the big three religions, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are intrinslically violent, both in the way that extremists act and how some moderates support these ridiculous acts. I DESPISE anyone who tries to argue that humans can't think on the level of God, that's just an easy way to get out of the argument. In that case, when we ask who made God then you have to come up with a funky answer like"he was always there", or stuff like that. I'll just answer "life was always there" to people that question where life came from. I DESPISE Religion, and Israel, they're the main things in our way to establishing a world government and obtaining peace.I Franky disagree with many things that these religious things and stuff that some of these religious people do.AD-Free Forums for Members. Add Your reply, comments, views, opinions! Register now..Nk the entrire argument-reply by Anonymous

I pity those who believe in human written delusional texts and try to stagnate progress by giving references from old books. seriously, people are lost in religion. It's like people fighting for which religions imaginary friend is stronger and will lead to nirvana. Really pathetic. Now that more and more people are opting for scientology, creationism crap. even internet is getting corrupted with pseudo theories from religions. people like zakir naik, harun yahya are on loose world will loose it's skeptical nature. invent anything and attribute to god, what an idiocracy.

if that would be true would not every man on earth be a muslim ? xD

I have no Hatred for Muslims, however i beleive they are wrong.First of all, i don't believe in any god(s) seeing as how the only thing "life" is is Molecules Stacked upon Molecules. Secondly, Why 72? its like that number was pulled from no where. Thirdly the muslim religion is fairly new( last 2000 years i think ) Why virgins, why not some experienced women? Why heaven? do you go to he11 if you dont blow yourself up? It is wrong to blame religion itself for the actions of those who profess to believe in that religion. I would not blame Christianity for anything a Catholic practicer did so why would I do that to Islam- my own religion. Stereotypnig, For all of the talk about how THEYRE negatively stereotyped in the West media (which is true to some extent), Muslims are the worst at stereotyping. To them Westerners are not just unbelievers but they are all sluts, painted jezebels, bastard sons of deadbeat dads and mother whores, drug addicts and alcoholics. They all behave like the actors on Bold and Beautiful.