xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
connectkannan

Willing Power

Hi Friends,This is my first post in this forum.I would like to know about how to improve our willing power?For example, today i feel interested to learn guitar, i learn something by play with it. Next day i don't have or less interest to touch the guitar. You know what i mean?Any advice would be appreciated. :D

Hi Friends,
This is my first post in this forum.

I would like to know about how to improve our willing power?

For example, today i feel interested to learn guitar, i learn something by play with it.
Next day i don't have or less interest to touch the guitar. You know what i mean?

Any advice would be appreciated. :(

I think the more appropriate word would be motivation. :D

It's extremely hard to change your motivation levels if you're not really dedicated to something. The best option for you is to set an hour or so out day that you HAVE to practice the guitar. Don't break that hour no matter how much you don't feel motivated. Eventually you'll either get into a habit and do it, or you'll get sick of the guitar and just give up. Really is no way to motivate your self if you're not set on learning it. :(

I absolutely know what you mean! The same thing happened to me too. I was all excited about picking up guitar, and I even wanted to buy a guitar. After a few weeks, I managed to borrow a guitar from a friend, but then I got preoccupied with something else and I didn't touch the guitar at all. I returned it a month later and had no desire to pick up too. I also wanted to learn cooking, but after being all excited about it and cooking some pretty good dishes for the first few days, I lost interest again!I think the only way to make u get into the habit of learning something is to make it 'compulsory'. For example, if my room mate didn't cook for us, I would have been forced to learn to cook and end up making a habit out of it.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

I'm not a very motivated person, but I am very impulsive. But answering your question, motivation can be done through a no. of ways ranging from praise to all sorts of other things such as prizes for points in exams for example.

Hi Friends,
This is my first post in this forum.

I would like to know about how to improve our willing power?

For example, today i feel interested to learn guitar, i learn something by play with it.
Next day i don't have or less interest to touch the guitar. You know what i mean?

Any advice would be appreciated.

You have to set your goal/target at first before you start to do the stuff you want to do, and don't give up!
when you think that your not having any interest in it, someimes it is most likely that your tired/stressed out or might be bothered by something else.continue to be*interested* and learn it and you might feel different the next day/time you try to learn more of it.

this works for me :D
Edited by nstay (see edit history)