xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
audiovia

Awardspace Is So Limited Compare To..

I previously with Awardspace.com paid host and they don't improve much since ever. So limited on everything. 10 Domain name, Slow speed. only 10 MySQL What is that? when i found Xisto (still waiting for have access to free hosting here) i was like where have i been.

To be honest if your running a website that requires a lot of databases then your not implementing your internet resources enough. Such as installing a photo gallery, running a forum, hosting videos and what not, but of course if you have the space to do this all in your hosting account then go right ahead. However, with these websites like awardspace, they are selling overkill web hosting, really, unless your upload movies and music to your website then there is no way a profession website would use 30 gigs of hosting, unless your doing a reseller and what not. Of course, thats what makes trap so great because you get what you need and if you need more then Xisto - Web Hosting's paid plans are right up your alley as they don't oversell their hosting space.

I'm new to Xisto and still trying to farm up those initial creds.I want to use Trap for my clan's website. It'll have pretty basic HTML, maybe a CuteNews panel or something, a few php codes if I decide to go crazy, and an SMF Forum.Will Xisto be good to me? I hear a lot about good uptime, which is what turned me away from some other hosts. I see you have the MYSQL databases which I'll need for my forums, so does anyone here think I should be told something I don't already know before I go ahead with farming up and applying?P.S. I'm talking simply the free service. I have no access to money ;)

Edited by HFBlade2k8 (see edit history)

I'm new to Xisto and still trying to farm up those initial creds.
I want to use Trap for my clan's website. It'll have pretty basic HTML, maybe a CuteNews panel or something, a few php codes if I decide to go crazy, and an SMF Forum.

Will Xisto be good to me? I hear a lot about good uptime, which is what turned me away from some other hosts. I see you have the MYSQL databases which I'll need for my forums, so does anyone here think I should be told something I don't already know before I go ahead with farming up and applying?

P.S. I'm talking simply the free service. I have no access to money :)

Of course yes , since Trap 17 offers plenty of disk space , bandwidth , mysql databases and php support so everything you could possibly need .BTW, I'm also a beginner here and i'm looking forward creating a wallpaper site (i already have the TLD ) .

well, i been to allot of free hosting services, awardspace included btw they are just like freehostia...I never heard of Xisto until today...i dont know...i'm pushing for credits to and once I get it i'll have a review up for you guys to see..right now..i've been disappointed with ALL free hosting plans...

I've used tons of free hosting sites in the past. I try to keep a site of my own going so I can refer people to my capabilities and I have a place to demo new ideas I come up with. So far, this service seems the most promising for sure. This posting/points system is an interesting way to retain the community feeling.

I'm new to Xisto and still trying to farm up those initial creds.
I want to use Trap for my clan's website. It'll have pretty basic HTML, maybe a CuteNews panel or something, a few php codes if I decide to go crazy, and an SMF Forum.

Will Xisto be good to me? I hear a lot about good uptime, which is what turned me away from some other hosts. I see you have the MYSQL databases which I'll need for my forums, so does anyone here think I should be told something I don't already know before I go ahead with farming up and applying?

P.S. I'm talking simply the free service. I have no access to money :lol:

yeah Xisto will be great for you. all you need to do is post at the forums and gain myCents and you will be able to get the best free hosting out there.

I know it feels like it's limited, but more then 10 databases is not needed , although yes, it sounds really stupid - it should be limitless. Sorry for responding to old thread , but whatever , lorence started it.BTW , there are plenty of free unlimited hostings (a little hard to find , but indeed there are) if you are planning to do a site which generates lot of traffic... Normally , they don't offer everything for free - but their theory is great - they provide you free hosting (so you can start your business or whatever) and if you like the hosting , you can continue it for bout 50-100$ / yearIt's a great tactic , for them , but for you too.