xisto Community
KansukeKojima

Homeless Woman Lived In Man's Closet For Year rofl

News article can be found here: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24889337/ and it may be found below.

Hidden

TOKYO - A homeless woman who sneaked into a mans house and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested in Japan after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.
Police found the 58-year-old woman Thursday hiding in the top compartment of the mans closet and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from southern Kasuya town said Friday.

The resident of the home installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.
One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.

We searched the house ... checking everywhere someone could possibly hide, Itakura said. When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."

Woman found the home unlocked
The woman told police she had no place to live and first sneaked into the mans house about a year ago when he left it unlocked.

The closet is part of a Japanese-style room, one of several rooms in his one-story house where the man lived alone or so he had thought.

Police were investigating how she managed to go in and out of the house unnoticed, as well as details of her life inside the closet, and if she had taken anything else besides food.

She had moved a mattress into the small closet space and apparently even took showers, Itakura said, calling the woman "neat and clean."

Hahaha... I find this hilarious. That is awesome...

I'm surprised that it actually took her a full year before she was caught, that is freakin' amazing.

Also, I love the good nature of this 'crime'. She never tried to harm anybody, all she did was live in a mans closet.. for a year...

Honestly, If I were the owner of the house, I wouldn't even press charges... its just so hilarious.

Nice find! You have to press charges - imagine how many other people would try this if she got away without problems? Still - its a sad thing of life, being homeless like this.

I saw this on digg a week or so ago. Was kinda shocking. Honestly If I was in the mans shoes I wouldn't press charges and would offer her a place to stay. He lives alone, so I seriously don't think he'll mind the company. She lived in a closet for almost a year, what would it hurt for her to sleep on the couch or in an extra bedroom? Tell her that you'll feed her, give her a place to stay and in return you ask that she keeps the place clean and organized. If she doesn't like that then she can get the hell out. Otherwise it's a win win for both of you. She is a little old to start a new job so this may be the best way for her to get stabilized for the rest of her life. I would seriously let her stay with me if I was in that situation.

I find it heartbreaking that a woman her age has absolutely nothing but her sanity and the most fundamental necessities. I shudder just thinking how she was reduced to that condition. Are her parents dead? Probably; she's 58 years old! Did she have a husband? Perhaps he died in a far-off land, buried in earth, gunpowder and debt? Did she have children? Did they leave her or had they gone astray and brought about their of destruction? Well, I could list more reasons, mundane or fantastic, ordinary or romantic but, suffice to say that I feel really sorry for that woman.Needless to say, I, too, would not have pressed charges if I were that man. I liked the previous poster who would have offered her a job as a cleaning lady. Then again, the paranoid in me could just as easily conjure other scenarios.Is she a spy? A ninja? An assasin, perhaps?If it's of any comfort, I'll be sure to check my closet tonight. For monsters... or old women :D

I find it heartbreaking that a woman her age has absolutely nothing but her sanity and the most fundamental necessities. I shudder just thinking how she was reduced to that condition. Are her parents dead? Probably; she's 58 years old! Did she have a husband? Perhaps he died in a far-off land, buried in earth, gunpowder and debt? Did she have children? Did they leave her or had they gone astray and brought about their of destruction? Well, I could list more reasons, mundane or fantastic, ordinary or romantic but, suffice to say that I feel really sorry for that woman.
Needless to say, I, too, would not have pressed charges if I were that man. I liked the previous poster who would have offered her a job as a cleaning lady. Then again, the paranoid in me could just as easily conjure other scenarios.

Is she a spy? A ninja? An assasin, perhaps?

If it's of any comfort, I'll be sure to check my closet tonight. For monsters... or old women :D

You are a silly silly person!

I don't think I could ever go into such detail on her life issues. Yes, it would be interesting to know if her issues are similar to what you described, but I would be to let down if it's something plan and boring as her husband having a heart attack, no family left alive, and her just not having a place to stay.

As far as paranoia goes, I find it extremely hard to conjure up the idea that a 58 year old, homeless, half starved woman could be an assassin. :(

That is quite an amazing story. I can't believe she stayed there for a whole year with out even being noticed. And when she did get caught, why did she confess to living there for a year? Wouldn't be better to just say you crashed there for the night and then leave with out anybody knowing? She must have eaten his food and stuff which is not good. She is not homeless either if she is living in a home and for one year :D

News article can be found here: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24889337/ and it may be found below.

Hidden

I'm surprised that it actually took her a full year before she was caught, that is freakin' amazing.

Also, I love the good nature of this 'crime'. She never tried to harm anybody, all she did was live in a mans closet.. for a year...

Honestly, If I were the owner of the house, I wouldn't even press charges... its just so hilarious.

Hidden

Hi:

I saw that article the other day. Miserable for her right? That it took him a year was astonishing. Only the missing food was the clue. What impressed me in the article was that she was so clean. I agree with the person who wrote hire her as a housekeeper!. Very sad, actually. Sigh. There but for the grace of the creator and hard work go I.

SpaMimi

A full year in like a 5x5 closet ir was it bigger than that? How come the man nevr opened that closet door for so long or not hearing anything moving inside the closet. I would go insane staying and sleeping in a closet all year.

Edited by eman (see edit history)

That is quite the story. How in the world could that man not know that the woman did not live there? I guess he must not go into that closet very often considering she had a small mattress in there. The fact that she took showers also makes it seem unnerving that he did not become more suspicious earlier. It makes me feel a little uneasy to think that someone could be living in your house without you even knowing it if you are not careful. This is funny but odd story. I wonder where the lady will move to now.