xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jjaenagle

What Should I Get For My Wife?

im not really sure where i should post this, but i thought this would be a good place to start. First of all, we have been married for about a year and her birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Last year, i spent nearly $1000 on her presents, which most were very materialistic. I have some ideas now, but i am just looking for something creative!here are a list of things i have done and given her (these are not all at once though):* weekend in maryland * garmin forerunner 301... gps training for her runs* clothes* movies* dvd player* pda* painting* new york* art shopping spree* clothes* clothes* clothes* digital camera* digital picture frame* paint ceramics* powerpoint that plays to one of her favorite songs and plays in her car. (that took me forever!)--- we are planning to go to the beach for the weekend and i was thinking of getting a couple boardgames this month just to surprise her randomly and maybe movies..I dont really have a budget, but i dont want to go in debt and she's kinda sick of electronics.But she wouldnt mind a new computer lol....Anyways... i just need some creative ideas and i will let you know what i come up with!ive made

I say a weekend at a beach would be good, just to get away from things, and if it was fall or winter I would have recommended a weekend at a log cabin to get things going **wink wink**. Of course, you oculd make her something as usually making a gift is more important then buying it, thats unless you can't produce a 100 carat diamond :D j/k.Or doing some very unexpecting, like something that she likes and you hate, like going to opera or ball room dancing or something like that.

I believe a special gift would be a decent sized picture of you two together in a semi-fancy picture frame. Memories are great gifts. Something that you can hang on the wall and blend in with the stuff in your house.

those are really good ideas.... i dont know how to get a good quality picture of us together, but i will try something like that.... im probably gonna give her a good kitchen knife set for cooking as well.I think the big things is going to be an art class for us to take together or cooking class...maybe both :D

Hello:I may be a bit biased: Depending on where you are staying at the beach and what else is available locally, how about couples spa including massage and other pampering treatments for the two of you?SpaMimi

It's kinda a tough decision to know what to get, and I don't really know what to suggest, but no matter what you get her as long as you spend this much time thinking about it, it's gonna be special, so don't worry. :D

She likes art, doesn't she? If you have a few weeks, why not make something artistic for her? It could be a drawing, sculpture or whatever. It would be more unique and heartfelt.

thats so cute , ive read ur list and gosh . very materialistic haha. but it really depends on what the person likes.i mean my bf once gave me items for my birthday that was really thoughtful. And on valentines day, i bought him a plush toy monkey, its really cute, and i recorded my voice, because it allows that, and i gave him a little msg. so i guess if shes sick of electronics, do something thoughtful. Once my bf on new yrs told me to go up to his balcony with him. and he had a mat layed out with wine and a plate of strawberries and cream. What im trying to say is sometimes the most simple things can be the most romantic things ever, it jst depends on if ur good at setting stuff up .. the way you set it up and good timing :D

yea... last year for her birthday, i spent a lot and this year may be the same if i get her a camera or not.... im thinking a nikon d60 but i dont want to do it cause i kinda want one too and i want it to be all about her.I cannot draw or sculpt lol so the closest is taking art classes together and painting ceramics on a weekend.I have gotten a couple board games to fill our house with for us and friends and im gonna get her the chronicles of narnia movie... i have made her a scrapbook before and im running out of other artistic ideas... we have lots of pictures as well for our apartment.-------------------------i think me just getting us to do things together will be enough for her... that is all she said she wanted.------------I would love to learn photography with her, so if she does drop some more hints about a camera, im sure i will order one a week before her birthday..anyways, i have a lot of other things planned between now and then!

ive got it! im gonna make her a gift basket with movies, games, blanket, etc and it will be like a together alone basket.but the big gift will be a big wall hanging scrapbook.... its just an idea though, what do you think?im thinking the board will be a decent sized plywood with some kind of paper or canvas and we can do a gynormous scrapbook.i dont know where to start though... are there any good art guides on how to make one?

Buy her something she doesn;t want then she wont want it and you can give it to me :DNo seriously, the computer sounds good although im neither a woman and iimbiased as well, get her whats in your heart. I've never met your wife so I don't know what she likes

ok so this is kinda hard... im not sure if i can find the right stuff for this... oh well, back to the drawing board for now!but i will still be looking into that

Damn, thats better than the new Idea I had (fiver in a card) That sounds really romantic, make sure to stick some chocolate in their as well, I bought my girlfriend a box of chocaltes along with other stuff (obviously) but I think I ate more than her :(, we gave the ones we didn't like to her mum :Dedit: Damn you you edited your post as I was writing!!!

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

Damn, thats better than the new Idea I had (fiver in a card) That sounds really romantic, make sure to stick some chocolate in their as well, I bought my girlfriend a box of chocaltes along with other stuff (obviously) but I think I ate more than her :(, we gave the ones we didn't like to her mum :D

ok so i got it! I wrote her a little poem about art and then im doing 5 days of gifts leading up to our weekend at the beach...then i got a picture frame that holds 9 pictures and the center one is the poem i wrote with pictures of us and our wedding around on the other frames.... maybe i will take pictures... but i got her some games and random things for other gifts that we can do together