xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seba1killer

Python Forum

Hi, as the title says i want a python forum in Xisto.
The thing is that the admin cannot add a forum just for me, so i would like to listen your opinions about this.
Python is a programming language that is growing really fast this years. It has become very famous in the open source community. The link to the webpage of python is : https://www.python.org/ .
It would be interesting to share our ideas about this topic in the forum.

Regards

Although I don't think it is a bad idea, I'm not so sure on how popular it will be.After all, the last forum they added (photography I think) only has like 20 some topics in it...Of course... I'm sure there are more programmers the photographers on this forum, so it will probably be a little more successful... other than that... I can't really say.

I will show you in practice why they might not put a Python forum: If You guys get a Python forum, I want Ruby forum :( (I think ruby would make more sense. Ruby is quickly taking over the world, you know :D )

I dont agree with Demonfire, maybe ruby is being used more on the web, but python is now reaplacing perl and bash at most of their applications.Both are open source and scripts, but for any reason that i dont know, python is far more famous and used than ruby in developing desktop and administration applications.A good example is: you can run a unix server without ruby installed, but not without python.RegardsPD: Just oppinions.