xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reekun

I Hate Rap (mostly As A Whole) And I Love Rock (again Not All Of It) Why?

You know what I really like. I like rocking out with my *explicit* out! Pardon my french.

I'm serious, I love every type of music.

Well, almost every time. I hate Rap. Well, not exactly rap as a whole, but I hate it. To a lesser degree. I dislike Rap because of the rappers who go about disrespecting women with their lyrics, like if they go around saying, I be with your mama on the parking lot while she's feasting on my lollypop, ya dig? What the hell is that supposed to represent? They try to force their bad stereotypes on the black community. With incites more anger and gangsters and wannabe-gangsters to run about in this beautiful world of ours.

I also dislike hip hop and jazz. I don't know it just tickles my funnybone in the wrong way. What I really like is rock however. ROCKKKKKKKSTAAAAAAARRRR. Not only do I play guitar hero but I play rock band too, and it is the craziest sensation i've ever felt.

I can even compare rocking out to opening up a brand new, crisp sealed pack of Yugioh cards. There's nothing like the feeling.

What bands do I like? Well I like Thousand Foot Krutch definately, it's a Christian Rockband with crazy hits like Move and Phenomenon and Hit the Floor. Another band I really adore is Rise Against. My mom always thinks i'm listening to black men because the sound that Rise Against generates is so deep and rich and full that it's like a deep soul Reuben Studdard.

My favorite songs from Rise Against include Give it All, Ready to Fall, Blood to Bleed, Rumors of my Demise have been greatly exaggerated and Injection. There's just so much that goes into creating a wonderful song, and Rise Against does it perfectly. Rock revolution!!!

I agree, there are some wonderful rappers out there. But there are also rappers that disrespect women in EVERY SONG THAT THEY PRODUCE. What the hell is wrong with MTV these days. And the youth.

I myself do not like rap either for the same reasons and others. They talk mostly about weed, killing people, and stuff like that. And they replace body parts with food. Are we edible or something? I also like rock. I myself love Thousand Foot Krutch and many other Christian bands. I also listen to metalcore and stuff like that.

I don't like rap too! It's monotonous, I can barely hear what the rapper says, and it get just irritates me like noise particles do. There is no musical quality in rapping. And I totally agree about some rapper being disrespectful to women. It really gets on my nerves.

You know what I really like. I like rocking out with my *explicit* out! Pardon my french.

I'm serious, I love every type of music.

Well, almost every time. I hate Rap. Well, not exactly rap as a whole, but I hate it. To a lesser degree. I dislike Rap because of the rappers who go about disrespecting women with their lyrics, like if they go around saying, I be with your mama on the parking lot while she's feasting on my lollypop, ya dig? What the hell is that supposed to represent? They try to force their bad stereotypes on the black community. With incites more anger and gangsters and wannabe-gangsters to run about in this beautiful world of ours.

I also dislike hip hop and jazz. I don't know it just tickles my funnybone in the wrong way. What I really like is rock however. ROCKKKKKKKSTAAAAAAARRRR. Not only do I play guitar hero but I play rock band too, and it is the craziest sensation i've ever felt.

I can even compare rocking out to opening up a brand new, crisp sealed pack of Yugioh cards. There's nothing like the feeling.

What bands do I like? Well I like Thousand Foot Krutch definately, it's a Christian Rockband with crazy hits like Move and Phenomenon and Hit the Floor. Another band I really adore is Rise Against. My mom always thinks i'm listening to black men because the sound that Rise Against generates is so deep and rich and full that it's like a deep soul Reuben Studdard.

My favorite songs from Rise Against include Give it All, Ready to Fall, Blood to Bleed, Rumors of my Demise have been greatly exaggerated and Injection. There's just so much that goes into creating a wonderful song, and Rise Against does it perfectly. Rock revolution!!!

I agree, there are some wonderful rappers out there. But there are also rappers that disrespect women in EVERY SONG THAT THEY PRODUCE. What the hell is wrong with MTV these days. And the youth.

Ok, well I understand your point over here and I can't blame you for saying all this stuff about "rap". The thing is that the original rap music has been severely perverted or let's say distorted. Rap music was never like what you hear on MTV now adays. Rap music, TRUE rap music, is the voice of the prosecuted black culture and also developed to express the prosecution and anger of other cultures as well. But these days, if some silly guy who knows how to rhyme some words with a decent accent and appealing voice would call himself a rapper and start writing lyrics about abusing women, drug dealing, killing people on the block, stealing, getting laid, boasting around, dancing on the dance floor and all this stupid junk. This is NOT what rap is all about! This is the perverted version of the so-called "rap music" that is written by wanna-be rappers who are nothing but commercial items used by big companies to make more money. This is what we call the mainstream rap music which doesn't interest those who really understand what rap is all about.

The good and true rap music is what we call the underground rap music. Here is where you find great lyrics that actually have something real to talk about. Most underground rap music talk about politics, social problems, prosecution, people's needs, philosophy, criticizing mainstream rap, and many other topics that really mean something. Instead of listening to those clowns you see on MTV try listening to rappers like Immortal Technique, Cannibus, Jedi Mind Tricks, Eminem, Tupac, Jadakiss, Ghost Face Killa, Naz... etc. My favorite is Immortal Technique though because his music is really inspiring and he talks about some serious issues that represent his culture and many other people that are against the American Government and George Bush. For example he says "My words will expose Bush and Bin Laden, as two separate parts of the same seven-headed-dragon", when you read such a punchline you'll understand the TRUTH about 9/11 and all this stuff.

Check out this site for more info: http://uhh4d.blogspot.de/ and this site for some free underground rap music: http://uhhurap.blogspot.de/

Wow... you kind of just made rock music even worse than rap....

Anyways. I definitely agree with you, rap is one of the most horrible forms of music to exist. Honestly, nearly every song sounds the same, its always about how much money they have or how many women they having sex with (and passing along some nasty diseases I might add ;P).

Seriously, rap is the cancer of music today. One aspect I find truly disgusting about it is that rap (and most other forms of popular music) is that the songs are popular for a month at the most and then no body even enjoys them anymore. Its ridiculous. I almost want to shoot myself when someone calls them an artist. (Of course I'm only talking about the rappers that are featured on MTV, etc. 80 times a day).

Now, I can't say I like rock music all that much. However, I most definitely enjoy metal. I'm not talking about the lame watered down stuff that you hear on Head Bangers Ball (MTV show) for example. I'm talking about Black Metal, Death Metal, etc., etc.

I hate Rap. It is horrible. I can never find the melody, and I can not say I have found a decent song. When I kind of get embarrassed when a song like that is played on the radio, it is kind of bad. And as several others has said before me; They all sound the same, and all of the song is about the same things. Do they not think of anything other beyond money and women? Sometimes I actually hear songs that are not (that) bad. These are songs made by people who is not known, and is not over played at MTV. Some of them are great, even though I will never, ever put a song like that on my Mp3 player.

I have to commend you for this. Other than just saying "I hate rap" or "Rap sucks" or something like that you've actually explained why you hate it. I only have to make one mention- There is some decent rap out there (not about b*tches and H*es and all your fancy clothes, bling bling and all of that thing...) It's very hard to find. But it is out there. For once someone doesn't just say "I Hate ***" but you gave good reasons. Cheers!

@original poster: While I do somewhat question your musical tastes (Rise Against... but that's not the point here) I do generally agree with you. However, I'd like to point out the most of rap heard is what music labels allow to publish. Now, last time I checked, most of those were run by rich, white men. Not the type who listen to rap, but those who want ??? -> profit! from it. What sells? Stereotype. Mind you, a horribly large number of listeners of rap, particularly gangsta rap are white. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a measure of coolitude. Still, it's a business, not some refined musical quality protocol signed in Paris. They will sell what brings money. Why more people don't vehemently reject this type of attitude is to me one of the world's greatest mysteries. :D

I also hate maybe because I'm black and these guys make it look like black are evil, violent, shallow minded, materialistic, etc. U find all kinds of evil in those songs. I must say it's an evolution. Rap has evolved into a music about flawsing and if u don't brag about what u have(or in some cases what u have hired) u wont sell. Of cause pple say underground rap is better but it's also very evil. I used to be obsessed with Nas, Tupac, Canibus, Postmen, Tela, Supervision and other guys. I used to rate 2Pac and Nas as the best poets my ears've had a chance to hear but now I really think all these guys are distastable. 2pac is violent, Nas is a racist, Canibus will turn any youngster into a juvenile. I've nothing against Postmen but leaving rap altogether was one of the decisions I thank God for helping me make. There are guys like Will Smith, DMC, MC Hammer and Flavor Flav that noone can blame for anything. Although these guys don't insight violence, listening to them will bring u closer to listenning to those who'll corrupt your brains. The likes of Eminem and others.

The good and true rap music is what we call the underground rap music. Here is where you find great lyrics that actually have something real to talk about.

Remember D12 used to be underground. 50Cent used to be underground. U can be underground and still be rotten as hell