xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
~Nick[;

Sections And Content Help please?

I do not know how to edit the content and add more pages to my website. Can somebody please help me?

When you log into C-panel, under the section "Files," click on "File Manager." Anything you want people to have access to belongs in the "public_html" directory.

I guess you are a newbie to web development. Well I have some advice for you, it might help you build your website...First log in to your cPanel, read the documentation there so that you would know what all these tools are all about and how to use them properly. Then there's an icon that says "Fantastico", click on it and you'll have a page with alot of pre-installed scripts. There are some CMS's (Content Management Systems) provided by Fantastico, I would recommend Joomla. Install Joomla (by clicking on it and following the instructions, you should face any trouble cuz it's easy) and then read the documentation in the Joomla site (https://www.joomla.org/). This content management system will allow you to easily create pages and edit them online. It's very user friendly and professional. You can also add a Joomla template which most fits your site's theme so that it would look better. Anyway, take a look at Fantastico and see what best suits your site and use it. That's the best way to install scripts on your site because you won't go through the uploading process which takes too much time. Wish you all the best buddy, good luck :D