xisto Community
ivantoar

How Fast Is Your Internet? Please let me know how fast is your connection

Internet speed  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, I just want to know how fast is your current connection speed, please provide your country or city you are resided to and price you pay per month or per year (if per month is not applicable).To start it, I'll share mine.I'm on 768 kbps download and around 100-120 kbps upload. I live in Indonesia, Jakarta. I pay around $32 per month (converted currency from IDR to USD).Please share yours, thank you. :D

8mbit/365. basically, 6mbytes down, 256kb up with the distance from the exchange.Australia - 55gb/month download cap$125 / month (8mbit is expensive, and this family loved the internet >_> I so can't wait for adsl2 to be enabled here.)

Edited by Live-Dimension (see edit history)

I live in Kent, England. It goes to about 4mb because although I live opposite the BT phone exchange the providers quite crappy. and I pay ?00:00 because the internet comes "free" with the phone service.Oh and Ulimited downloads, or is it unmetered? whichever.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I live in Arizona, United States I have on average 60 kb/sec, it's advertised as like 128 or something like that, but I never get it anymore, half the time my internet is down, I hate my ISP and will be switching in a year when I finish building my new house, then i'll have like 1 mbit/sec, i'll be happy then.

I live in Arizona, United States I have on average 60 kb/sec, it's advertised as like 128 or something like that, but I never get it anymore, half the time my internet is down, I hate my ISP and will be switching in a year when I finish building my new house, then i'll have like 1 mbit/sec, i'll be happy then.

Be patient, I hate my ISP too, I experienced many downtime like you too. But guess what! This is one of the best ISP (for personal usage) in my country! OMG.

2 mbps but i get 1.9-2.2 around there. Downloading speed is around 230 kb/s and uploading is around 20 kb/s so i don't know whats up with that.

Mine is meant to be 4MB/s and it is, but only for sites hosted in Brisbane. Anywhere else in Australia or the world I find loads at like a snails pace.. really weird. Downloads are generally slow too. Most of the stuff I download is from the USA or Europe so its slow to download. I am sure people in these places enjoy quicker downloads because they are downloading it from somewhere that is close. The new ALP Government were meant to introduce a high speed internet system for Australia. They were voted in like 7 months ago and nothing has been mentioned about it. Very disappointing!I would love to have fast internet. But because Australia is a large country with spread out population, its going to be hard and expensive to install good fast internet. :D

and i am proud to say that my internet speed is 18 Mbps . ha this is my speed in my college , and my college uses a LAN speed of 100 Mbps and the internet speed is 18 , so i enjoy a high speed internet in my college although it is shared . But the only sad thing is that we are behind a firewall and anyway we tunnel it by some how. :D

I probably shouldn't be encouraging people to just grab the speedtest image and post it here however I just wanted to share my results with you all

Posted Image

I'm paying $30 USD a month and as far as I can tell I'm getting the best value for my money compared to the rest of you (not counting the ones of you who are getting it for free...)

Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

I probably shouldn't be encouraging people to just grab the speedtest image and post it here however I just wanted to share my results with you allI'm paying $30 USD a month and as far as I can tell I'm getting the best value for my money compared to the rest of you (not counting the ones of you who are getting it for free...)

Yeah, speedtest image provides clearer thing. But I'm just too lazy to copy and paste the link and wait for retest, hehe.. Yes, hell right! You've got the best value compare to speed. Hmm... my country's internet price is ripping! I have to pay around $100 to get 3 MBPS and that's the cheapest and unlimited personal ISP. All other ISP's price are higher.

P.S. : 3 MBPS is currently fastest speed for personal usage (WTF! I hope, even once in my life I want to try high speed connection!)

Of course you won't ever get what you're paying for, but for the most part my ISP stays pretty constant.I pay for a 12 mbps connection, but typically get a 9mpbs connection. Still really fast so I'm not gonna complain much. ( it's around 50 bucks a month, which isn't to terrible considering the 5 mpbs DSL connection is more expensive in the area )

I live in Ljubljana, Slovenia - Europe and I have a 10Mbit / 10Mbit internet connection on an optic cable. Things really work quick with this! I just can't imagine having only 1Mbit again as I did in the past...this 10Mbit gives you much more freedom, because you can download a lot of stuff at the same time and don't need to worry about slow browsing...Of course, if optic cable is not around your house, 10/10 can be quite expensive...here it is very very cheap (TV+phone+10/10internet for only 13?/month)!So yes, that's my entry to the online world :D

Well, you can say that you cannot imagine if you're having 1Mbit connection like you did in past, while I cannot imagine having 10 Mbit connection, hahaha. Anyway, nobody owns 10 Mbit connection in their house in my country. As the fastest speed in here for home is 3 Mbit, hahaha, and 3 Mbit costs you around $100 per month!

I'm runnning on 10Mbit/s download for $30 and live in Slovakia. It's made through an optical link - FTTH , so i don't complain. The latency is about 2ms to server from my country- there isn't any better solution to play online for example CS than this