xisto Community
bluedragon

Asus Physx P1

I am planning to buy this Card.. Can any one tell me what port it would use ? a PCI -Express (x16) or a normal PCICoz my motherboard (650i Ultra) only has one PCI - Express slotThanks

I believe it's PCI-Express. It should tell you from the site of wherever your buying it from. I had the impression these were PCI-E, but now I'm only finding PCI cards.Here's the thing though - do you really want to buy it? Game support for it is shockingly low, and there's not many people willing to invest in such an expensive card that does almost nothing. You can do so much more with the same money - video card/memory/hard drive/cpu upgrade? Monitor? keyboard/mouse? There's just much better places to put that cash, in my opinion.

From the looks of the cards, I would disagree with Live-Dimension and say that they are PCI cards, not PCIe. A few of the ones I have found for sale have also specified that they are PCI.

However, I do agree with the point that there are better places you could spend your cash, unless you are an avid fan of a few of the games that make use of the card.

Err sorry, I writ down the PCI-express, then actually did a search and forget to fix it (hence the confusing start). Story is, when they first came out, they did use a pci-express slot.

I think you guys are right. I did some research on the thing myself. And its not worth that much money. I was thinking it would be somewhere around the same price as in US but they are selling it for like approx $200 over here. I think I'll consider a new graphics card. And plus, I didn't know this, but My graphics card has a physics engine built in it. So it won't be any use putting up this card I guess. All new GeForce 8 and 9 series cards have this engine built in :D