xisto Community
bluedragon

A Better Browser For Vista ?

Hi, I've recently switched to Vista Ultimate, but I think I'll switch back if i don't find proper softwares for it :D I was wondering if there is a better browser than IE in Vista ?? Coz its taking too much time to load websites. Atleast I feel so. And I've tried Opera also but it was not too much of an improvement .. Any suggestions to improve the speed ? P.S. To all those who think Vista sucks.. :D .. it does , But I can't find a better looking system

It may be you simply don't have enough Ram to handle Vista, it is very ram hungry. But yeah firefox. Not I.E. any version! that or downgrade to xp it's better

Firefox is slightly faster at rendering pages than Opera (not all that much faster, though), but if even Opera, one of the fastest browsers out there, is appearing slow to you, then even Firefox may not be something useful to you. Like Kobra500 said, it could be that you don't have a sufficient amount of RAM to run Vista smoothly.

But I can't find a better looking system.

You can make Windows XP look like Vista; though, you may not be able to get transparent panels and a transparent window manager. Or you can load up a popular Linux distro and run Compiz Fusion with Emerald, and you'll get more than what Vista can offer.

Firefox is slightly faster at rendering pages than Opera (not all that much faster, though), but if even Opera, one of the fastest browsers out there, is appearing slow to you, then even Firefox may not be something useful to you. Like Kobra500 said, it could be that you don't have a sufficient amount of RAM to run Vista smoothly.

You can make Windows XP look like Vista; though, you may not be able to get transparent panels and a transparent window manager. Or you can load up a popular Linux distro and run Compiz Fusion with Emerald, and you'll get more than what Vista can offer.

Yea, definitely, if you want a great looking OS, try out ubuntu, ubuntu.com, if you don't like the default look you can completely change it to how you like, it offers a better look than any operating system I have ever seen (it uses compiz fusion). It also comes preinstalled with firefox; however, if you don't have fast internet you will want to look into increasing the bandwidth firefox can use. Anyways, hope this helps.

I have been using Firefox in Vista for quite some time now... I know its not one of the best wortking softwares in Vista... It used to crash every few hours and before crashing the performance would degrade a lot.... Then i would know its time to close the browser and open it.But i also see this... Its not the case only with Firefox, Its the same case with every other software in Vista... I have used quite a lot of softwares in Vista... And i have seen performance degradationa and freq2uent crashes... So i think there will be some time you have to wait for all the glitches to get resolved and all of it to work properly in Vista.. May be few service packs or so...I also see this..1. The booting and shut down process in vista is very very bugging.. It consumes so much time...2. And i also noticed this... When the system resumes from a sleep, all softwares tend to behave so bad.. i mean very slow... I am not sure if this is a problem with my systems or some other stuff...

well first of all, Vista needs a lot of RAM to handle it so you might want to check for that first. Anything less than 1 gig of RAM is not really efficient for VISTA. Moreover, if your pages are loading slowly, it might be your internet connection, maybe it's not a fast one? like maybe you're on dial-up or something, in this case no browser can help and you'll have to switch to a faster internet connection. But assuming that those two previous things I talked about are okay, then I advise you to use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, it looks good and works much faster than internet explorer. actually I've been using Mozilla Firefox for years now because Internet Explorer is just not good enough, it needs alot of work to be considered a "decent" browser. good luck :D

Well on top of the RAM issue, 3 gigs need to run Vista Ultimate properly, it could be your connection to the internet as well, and so you might want to get something faster if you haven't done so already, regardless of the IE haters and all that stuff any browser will do it is a matter of preference. Also IE 8 is not even close to be like IE7 unless you change the rendering engine to IE7 then yah, and remember IE8 is still early in beta testing and so it will be awhile before IE8 goes final and what not.

Thank you all..I've got 2 GB Ram and am Considering buying another 2 GB. Was busy getting up my system.I never said my internet was slow. My System is a dual boot XP and Vista. I believe XP is much better than Vista for now. If i keep aside looks :DNet looks faster on XP than Vista. Is this wat I feel or theres more ppl who are getting same results ?I've tested both the machines with Firefox and IE 7. (I dont think IE8 would have made a difference). And out of the two Internet experience on XP was much better than Vista.I am thinking of scrapping Vista off and putting up Linux :(

If you've got Vista 32-bit, your wasting your time with the 4gb memory. The most you'll get is 3.2gb, due to the limitations of 32-bit architecture. This is the entire reason for 64-bit computing. It's not really any speed difference, but you can address far more memory (2TB if I remember right)