xisto Community
OpaQue

Power Distribution Change Reboot After 8pm Pst On Saturday May 31, 2008 Scheduled Reboot - All Web Hosting Accounts

We will be doing power distribution changes after 8pm PST on Saturday May 31, 2008.We will be doing power distribution changes after 8pm PST on Saturday May 31, 2008. Changes are being made due to the rapid migration that was done. This change will insure future stability in the future of power distribution as summer arrives around within the coming months. Brown outs, blackouts, etc... occurs within this this season and we are preparing for random reboots and crashes.We are anticipating a downtime of no longer than 15 minutes as we modify our power distribution. All machines will have a proper shutdown to prevent any file system corruptions.If you have any questions feel free to contact our support team.Sincerely,Xisto - Web Hosting.om

Thanks for the reminder.I might have forgotten that you had previously announced this switch-over time.Much appreciated. I will pass the word on to the members of the Forum i run, etc.

Yes indeed, thanks.I'm posting a notice on my website or something. Just wondering, it really takes at most 15 minutes to reboot?shouldn't it take like 1?

Well, you have to think. Xisto hosts a lot of websites, and they must switch the distribution. The filesystem is big, and servers must be started and what not. These are server computers, not PC's.

Yah!! I didn't suffer any downtime, well I wouldn't have notice since I was on vacation and not on a computer :D, but at least no problems were reported or posted about this though and that is a good thing too, good job.