xisto Community
ivantoar

Tutorial : Hide Folder Without Any Softwares Descriptive enough

It's easy, just a few steps and your folder will be hidden

First step :
Create folder, name it using alt+0160

Second :
A folder will be created with name 1 space, then right click the folder, properties, customize, change icon, see for a blank icon and press apply

Enjoy

Video tutorial uploaded by me
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Have fun.

It's easy, just a few steps and your folder will be hidden
First step :
Create folder, name it using alt+0160

Second :
A folder will be created with name 1 space, then right click the folder, properties, customize, change icon, see for a blank icon and press apply

Enjoy

Video tutorial uploaded by me
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Have fun.

You don't know how much you've helped me. Ł100 was resting on finding out how to do that :D

For some reason, whenever I type Alt+0160 into my computer, it won't change the folder name. If anyone else is having this symptom, here's another method:1. Open Character Map (Start > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map), 2. Look for a blank box, it should be five from the top and six from the right.3. Click "Select" then "Copy".4. Now follow the steps in the first post but press Ctrl+V instead of Alt+0160I have to say that this is a very smart method of hiding files, but it has one caveat - there will be a gap in the file listing wherever the hidden folder is placed, so you may want to order your folders so the hidden one is the last item in the folder.

Alas, for those using Windows Vista, you need to remember that the blue hover over the icons won't disappear most likely.

Alas, for those using Windows Vista, you need to remember that the blue hover over the icons won't disappear most likely.

hmm.. is there any way or tweak to disable those blue hover icons?

Mhmm, this is not working for me. At first I thought that this would not work due to the fact that I had no idea where the customize button was located, but guess what; I found it! :DSo now my folder have a blank image, but the "Alt+0160" is still there. Anyone who can help me with this lovely problem?

try typing the 0160 with numlock numbers (the right side number of the keyboard). I forgot to tell this as I can't create ASCII code with regular number key.

WOW, that's kina nice, I know people doing something similar to this (changing icon to empty one), but they used , (comma) or something like that. but now I can tell them to use this character instead (alt + 0160). THANKS A LOT :D

for certain reason I want to delete the file that had been hidden using your method, but it wont work. I try shift+delete and delete but still cant, can u pls help me? I dunno how 

-reply by popeto

Impossible to delete the folder!!Tutorial : Hide Folder Without Any Softwares

I created the folder and renamed it with ALT+0160 and then changed icon to blank one as suggested: It's all OK BUT now it's IMPOSSIBLE to delete that folder.

I tried also using unlocker but the folder can't be deleted. What's up with this thing? Not fully tested tutorial before to post it?

Any suggestion to repair this problem?

Thank you

-question by Roberto

Or right click> properties tick "hidden".... Then just go the directory it is in and type the folder name: C:\windows\hidden folders\hidden folder 1

Easy to delete, modify etc.... and no hover icons, no blank spaces etc.... Its just easy to uncover.