xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Piano Chords

What are some easy to learn chords on the piano? I already know some of the major chords:C: C+E+GD: D+F#+AF: F+A+CG: G+B+CYeah so I want to learn how to play the piano with chords. I know the basics, like which notes are where and what not, how to keep time ect. . . So yeah.And also are there any song writters here? What I also want to know is what makes a song, such as Drops of Jupiter, so beautiful?

Chords and all of music is a complicated business.First of all, Ive never heard of no songs about Jupiter, and I'm sure (whatever it is) it sucks. See... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you need to know is scales. First of all C majorCMajor consists of "white notes" These are all the naturals, C D E F G A BThis is the most important scale and very crucial to all of music. Although it sounds pretty terrible most of the time it can be alot of use.Most things are built upon this scale but it is important that it evolves from that.Next you should learn G majorThis is hugely important as it is used alot, this scale along with C and D Major are probably the most prominent scales in popular song. This scale is G A B C F E F# See what happened there? The 7th of the scale has been sharpened. That doesnt really matter but the scale itself is important.Next up is D major, D E F# G A B C# the last in the sequence has been sharpened.Now that you know these three scales you can give a go at a little improv.I recommend purchasing guitar pro 5, even though it is made for guitars it is a fantastic bit of software that works great for all types of composing. First of all just try slamming in a few random notes in these scales, if you want you can extend the line a bit further and have other scales. Theres about 1000 to choose from. Once you have a little melody you need the chords.The easiest way to do things is in 4/4 this means that there are 4 crotchets (one beats) in a bar. When in 4/4 it is advisable to use whole notes when starting. Dotted rythms can be tricky. Now the chords are easy. You need to first decide how you want them. When starting I recommend using simple chords every beat. Just because its very simple that way. What you should do is look at the melody and use that.Say your in C major. Your notes are:-E F G A D F G A G A F G E F G A <--- That is the melody, here are the chords that I advise.B A D B G F# B G E D G E My apologies if you dont understand that, but basically every note where you want a chord, you should play the chord with that root. If the note is an E play an E chord. I used those simply because you stated you knew them earlier.tl;dr - Get guitar pro, learn scales, notes go with roots.

Hey man, don't be judgemental. First of all, it's not about jupiter. Yes i know the name of the song is drops of jupiter, but no, it's not about that.And I'm not looking to become the next whitney houston. I'm just looking for something to do on the weekends when I'm grounded.and okay, thanks.But I'm in band. I play the saxophone. I can read music. I know my scales. I just want to know what makes an interestingly beautiful sound

I have always wanted to learn how to play piano or keyboard, but obviously I never managed it. I play(ed) the flute, so that part is okey for me. I do not even know which notes are where, so I used a pen to write them all on. :D But thank you. Even though it is not much, I actually learned something today.

I only know one song on the piano. HAHA. I want to learn how to play, but I can't even read notes D: