xisto Community
ivantoar

Question Regarding Php Function Its all about PHP mail

I found out many people recommend Trap 17 as their free webhost, and I'm interested too! My experience with all free host is having PHP Mail function disabled (and need to choose premium/paid package to enable it) :D . Do Xisto enable php mail function? Because it will be very useful for me as I creating a bulletin board (forum). Thank you for answering :D .

Yes, it is enabled, I have used it many times myself in my scripts. Xisto gives you all the controls to your website, so even if it was disabled by default, you would be able to enable through the control panel, this is one of the many reasons I love you use Xisto (actually, I'm with Xisto - Web Hosting now, which is just the mother of Xisto), but yes, mail function is supported, I hope you enjoy you're stay!

excuse me but could someone please explain to me what a PHP Mail function is and how I could use it for my website? I've built several websites before but I never used any mails in my websites except to receive mails from visitors and/or users of my websites. So... I don't know, how can I use this PHP Mail function to increase traffic to my website, maybe? Thanks for anyone that helps in advance :D

excuse me but could someone please explain to me what a PHP Mail function is and how I could use it for my website? I've built several websites before but I never used any mails in my websites except to receive mails from visitors and/or users of my websites. So... I don't know, how can I use this PHP Mail function to increase traffic to my website, maybe? Thanks for anyone that helps in advance :D

grrrr! I'm sorry for the double post, it's my browser's fault because it gave me an error that the page didn't load after I posted so then I had to click back and post again... anyway, if there's a moderator that sees this post, please delete one of the double posts and this one as well. thanks!

It only useful when you build sites in PHP (usually most forums developed in PHP). PHP mail function is some kind of coding/script (I dont know what to describe it) for PHP sites to send email. Correct me if I'm wrong (just learning)

All functions are enabled. When you get a free hosting from Xisto, have a look at the result of phpinfo();

And analysis the values of disable_functions, you will see "no value". :D

Phpinfo.php

<?php phpinfo(); ?>