xisto Community
Wetton

Fable 2 possibly game of the year?

.:.Fable.:.

Wow... Fable. What a good game!! Fable was one of the first games made for the Xbox, this game was released on the same date as the original Xbox, and was sold amongst 80% of the consoles.

Fable was a big hit with the public, as many of you guys will already know, it made game of the year, the year it was released. You could do a variety of quests, whilst honing your archery, magic, and warrior abilities. Over the years Fable has gained many fans, it could possibly be the best game ever created. So what can we expect from Fable 2?

.:.Fable 2.:.

There have been lots of rumors on the internet, and features that are supposedly in the new Fable game. I scouted the internet to find out which of these were true, and those that were otherwise.

On Fable 1, you could earn 'Renown.' This is an indicator of how well known you are. By getting more renown, you unlocked new things. One of these new things was 'Emotes.' You could use these emotes to express yourself freely, and these emotes ranged from waving hello, to farting.

On Fable 2, however, the use of emotes is slighly more complex. I saw a video on the net, of the prototype Fable 2 being played. Following him was a dog. This could mean that Fable 2 offers the new addition of pets, but this could have just been a random animal, so dont quote me. On this video, the guy narrating, made his character fart. Upon the dog hearing and smelling this, it fell over and played dead.

Okay so this isn't a feature that is needed on Fable, but just for the comedy value, it makes the game even more worth playing.

.:.Whats new?.:.

If you have played the old Fable, you can look forward to seeing changes in number 2. Fable 2 is supposedly 50 years on, and so the towns have been restored and re-worked, Bowerstone in particular looks very good. The graphics of Fable 2 are mind boggling, it truly is a stroke of genius.

If you remember the bandit camp in your home town, you will notice that it has been reduced to rubble. Throughout the game you will hear rumors of a great warrior from 50 years ago, who saved many lives. This is rumored to be about the character you previously played on Fable 1. (If you did so.)

I think we can expect a lot from Fable 2, but that might just be its downfall. We loved Fable 1, and are expecting version 2 to be loads better, but I just dont think thats possible. Although the game will be awesome, I think Fable fans are too expectant, and are going to be a little bit dissapointed, they're just asking too much.

Please post your opinion, or any other facts or rumors you have heard about the game.

Thanks

Wetton.
Edited by Wetton (see edit history)

Fable 1's downfall was over ambition. It offered choice, but still didn't. Your either good or bad - and your still good. You can kill everyone in a village and still the last person will expect you to smash monster's head off and be the hero of the day.

terrible terrible game. Fable 1 really sucked me in. I played it for a week or so ( not even steadily ) beat the game and was hugly let down by how it ended. Fable 2 wasn't able too draw me in so I never really could get into it. =/

Fable is like marmite, you rather love it, or hate it, I hate marmite and I hate fable too. Too much hype and didn't deliver, plus the game was quite difficult and takes ages to get anywhere and It had about as much freedom as an old fashioned jail. Boring!

Wow Kobra- You've really shocked me there. If anything I thought the game was too short, nevermind taking ages.. :/As for Athiex's reply, I was also upset with the ending of fable, but you mentioned that fable 2 wans't able to draw you in... maybe this is because it hasn't been released yet? :DFable 2 has had the release date put off since january of last year, and this week microsoft announced that it will be a further month before it really is released. but who knows, that could get put off again.. :DThere were many critics who claimed that the game wasn't long enough, and I agree. There were also critics who siad there wasn't enough choice between good and bad, but lets face it, it had more choice than most games. Fable 2 has worked on these complaints, and tried to make it better. When it is released I hope these critics will view Fable in a different light.As Live Dimension stated, this game was over hyped. People were let down with Fable because they were expecting too much. This doesn't mean that Fable is a bad game, per say, the gamers just expected more then could be delivered. A lot of games are over hyped, and although they are good games, they are dissapointing when you actually do play the game. this is the downfall of many games.I would like to see more choice in Fable 2, and hopefully a longer storyline also. I didn't exactly hate the first one, but having said that, there is quite a bit of room for improvement. Lets hope thats what they've done.

Edited by Wetton (see edit history)

Yeah I'm so looking forward to this game! I've seen clips on the internet, and it looks brilliant. The graphics are amazing, and its gonna be a must-have game.The first fable hooked me in straight away. It was one of the 1st games I got for the Xbox, and I thought it was brilliant. I thought the storyline was a little short, but I was happy with the release of Fable- Lost chapters. The lost chapters was essentially the same game, but had things added into the storyline, that weren't in the first version of Fable 1. The dragon at the end was awesome ^.^I can't wait for the release of Fable 2, I'm sure that the makers of the game have taken comments on board and made this game better. I'll be there very early morning on the release date to pick up my copy. :D~Lewi~

I loved the first fable and once I herd there was going to be a sequel I was very excited I agree that people expected too much mostly because I did too I have played the second and was dissapointed at first but then I started warming up to it I think the part that I didn't like was the ending you didn't even get to fight lord lucion and I didn't think it was fair to kill your family and dog but otherwise amazingly good-reply by fable fan but not upsessed