xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krap

Mysql Help

i got a forum but it did not come with any installation files but i had nstructions to make the mysql databases which work great but i have a problem because now i do not know how to make myself an admin. I know thats its something to do with the datbases so i went into phpmyadmin where i could view and delete stuff but how do i add data? Can i make a php page that will let me do this? Currently my 'admin' table has id which is auto_increment so i think it will go up by itself and name which i think is my username in the forum...Thanks. I hope you know what im talking about.edit: oops sorry i think this should go in php forum. please move it admin- thanks :rolleyes:

Edited by krap (see edit history)

Yes you CAN make a php page to enable you to produce tables in the mysql database providing you have the correct pword,database name,username and plus the localhost thing.... I don't know how you can do it but I reckon it is quite easy...Normally you have like a config file or something and you can change the admin name and password there but some scripts do not have that...so no can do sorry mate

i got a forum but it did not come with any installation files but i had nstructions to make the mysql databases which work great but i have a problem because now i do not know how to make myself an admin. I know thats its something to do with the datbases so i went into phpmyadmin where i could view and delete stuff but how do i add data? Can i make a php page that will let me do this?  Currently my 'admin' table has id which is auto_increment so i think it will go up by itself and name which i think is my username in the forum...

Thanks. I hope you know what im talking about.

edit: oops sorry i think this should go in php forum. please move it admin- thanks  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not quite sure if you mean admin of the adtabase or admin of the forum. If you mean of the forum you will probably be able to find it in the documentation of the forum you've installed, or perhaps you can find it just by browsing the tables of the database in phpMyAdmin.

If you mean admin for the database itself, you can edit permissions in your cPanel, just click on the MySQL thinggie and the rest should be rather simple. Just create an admin user if you want that, and give the user you've made the permissions you want it to have.