xisto Community
Mermaid711

What's The Best Way To Deal With A Breakup?

So me and my boyfriend recently broke up.No big deal, right?Wrong.Normally I would know how to deal with this. But the problem is I haven't liked anyone else in the way I liked him.Any suggestions?

There's some useful advice on this single-page thread. Just take it easy and try keep busy is the best way really. Go out with friends, do things that you two didn't do but you still enjoy doing, etc etc. Staying away from new relationships for a while is always a good idea. Just let time (take its time) to heal.

And you'll be fine.

its a tricky situation youre in but being alone is the worst thing i'd do after a break up. but thats me. Usually for girls its easy to got out clubbing and pull a bloke or in aussie they say pick up a guy in US its probably hook up with a another guy but thats only a temporary measure cause after the fun all the pain come back again. I'd advise people to be less selfish and more gentle when they break up. Mopst people prefer the I dont love you anymore tactic but that usually is a slamming door in the face of the soon to be x cause their feelings might still be strong and rejection is something many of us cant handle thats why we struggle with break ups. My mom always said Mandla you never dump a girl cause if you dump a girl (or guy if I'm the girl) it really hurts and sometimes someone takes being dumped really hard and tommorow not literally but in future, you'll be in hospital queue almost dying and she'll be doctor or nurse in charge and she'll walk past you thinking that *BLEEP*ing dog ditched me hard. and you'll die in the queue but if you were nice they'll see you in the queue and think oh thats my ex how are you? what are you doing here, whats wrong and you'll probably skip the queue and get seen to. basically she said when you dont wanna be with someone anymore just avoid them, dont be mean, take their phone calls and agree to appointment then an hour before appointmnet send a text. I'm sorry I cant make it somethings come up. if you do it for two weeks she'll soon get the message and most girls usually think i'll wait and see if he'll call me and before they know it they have no more feelings for you and one day yoou'll meet and she's with the new guy and your with new girl and obviously you'll panik cause you think she'll make a scene but shes paniking your gonna make a scene and if that dont happen you both will find you've moved on - no pain involvedmeaning no need to get over each other cause you already did subconsciouslydunnno if that helped

You might find the Book of Psalms to be uplifting. Break ups are never easy, and though there may be no easy way out, there is always a way out. Friends can be quite uplifting, too.

I've just gone through the most painful breakup in my entire life - I was with my girlfriend for 4 and a half years and had plans to marry her some day. The hardest part is being alone, feeling like you don't have any friends and questioning your future happiness / career.Here's what helps:Get to know your friends better - this has been the single biggest thing for me. When you've been in a relationship for a long time, a lot of your friends become more of acquaintances rather than true, deep friends. Tell them you're hurting but you'll be OK and are glad you have them. I just had some long talks with two of my friends and I realized how good they really are. If you've lost touch with many of your friends, don't worry, you'll be amazed at how fast you can build your *BLEEP* back up.Don't rebound - This is the biggest mistake (IMO) that people make after breakups. It's hard to stay single but you need to do it the right way, not the easy way. My ex is going out and getting drunk every night with her friends. It hurts to know she's having a great time while I'm hurting and lonely but I know that she will eventually have to learn how to deal with lonely nights at home.You can tell yourself there are more fish in the sea but I haven't found that useful. What I have found useful is realizing that as time passes I've come to see more things about her that I didn't like but ignored while we were together. This will eventually lead you to feeling the "more fish in the sea" thing.It's only been a week but I've been through this before. It's different for everyone but everyone finds happiness in the end.

well you seem to be kinda my age, so ill tell you what i would do:Pi say just have fun & try to get your mind off it, not nessesarily go and find some other guy, im sure that makes things a bit worse.. so have a girls night out, party whatch movies, stuff yourself with food, just have fun!and if you just want to be alone i say, just listen to some good music, relax, think about how good you are, enstead of trying to put yourself down and wonder, a million reasons why you broke up..you know what i mean? haha i hope you are ok..

I've just gone through the most painful breakup in my entire life too. It happened few houres ago. I was with her for more than 3 years... I really don't know what to do with all of this sadness... but I'm dealling with it. I don't want to tell any one what to do in that kind situations couse in my oppinion it depands on people and it's different 4 every one. I just want to write what helps me deal with it... I've got a hobby, I'm collecting stuff from something (it's not important what it is) and when I'm watch it, when i think about it I've get a really big shoot of good energy. U know what I mean? I've lost the only person that I love but I steel got something... got passion. it helps me in many sytuations. It's give me light in such a dark moments. No those things that I have but the thing that I'm doing something. It gives me a strenght to go forward, not give up. I hope U understand me. Sorry about mystakes, I'm not familiar writting in this language. ope U're ok.

Well although you don't provide to much details on the how and why you two broke, but when I talk to on msn I got that info of which I won't mention here, but yeah depending on how you broke determines what you should do next, if it was a bad break, then take a few days to cool down and then talk to each other to see what happen and attempt to fix it, or if it was a good break up then you don't have much to worry about and just move on, Also knowing how old you are, you be going through this a lot in high school relationships, but if you know what you want and let the person know what you expect if they want to have in order to have relationship with you.

you said that you liked him alot right? it was never love? i find that liking someone alot, the breakup seems to be much easier, me and my bf been together for almost 4 yrs, if we were to break up god i wouldnt know what to do, but I've also liked someone heaps before, i cried for a week and didnt get over it for 2 months, but i broke up with him. thing is sometimes there are problems in the relationships that wouldnt even concern urself. how i got over it was .. well im over 18 so i went to drink and stuff lol. but u know, jst have fun, nvr be alone , u dnt want that cause it'll jst make you think more abt the other person.man i was so lucky i had ppl with me. but gosh seeing him with his new gf at sku hurt so bad, even though he did it out of revenge, it still hurt. but i guess i tried to avoid looking at him. there is plenty of fish in the sea. ull find someone better, thats for sure. I've thought that i liked most of the guys i use to date, but turns out , not so much. i cried over probably 1 of them for like 2 days and got over it.. cause i went crazy partying lol. eventually u jst say " arrg they werent worth it"either that or u become jst friends . to me , i didnt mind either. :D

I never said that I liked him alot, I said that I liked him in a different way than everyone else. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much you guys. Y'all rock. And the advice helped.There is an awsome song called "(I'm Gonna) Party Like a Rock Star [Party Version]" That kinda describes what I'm going to do (minus the hitting up strip bars part lol I don't roll that way hahahahahahaa)<333

Unfortunately, there is no real way to deal with a break up. No matter what, it is always going to hurt and sting. The only thing I can really tell you has already been stated. You need to get your mind off of it; and doing that, you need to put your faith into your personal friends and have them help you through this.

There's some useful advice on this single-page thread. Just take it easy and try keep busy is the best way really. Go out with friends, do things that you two didn't do but you still enjoy doing, etc etc. Staying away from new relationships for a while is always a good idea. Just let time (take its time) to heal.
And you'll be fine.

thanks dude i took your advise and it worked ;)

post-64651-1215306713_thumb.jpg

What do i do she was my world What's The Best Way To Deal With A Breakup?

ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 6 months ( I'm in high skool) an now we are on holidays we always ust to be great we loved each otha so much it was obvious any1 who sore us but for the last week she hasnt been talking to me on the computer..So I got worrried cuz I love tha girl to death so I ring her house an I asked her if shes ok an wats happend she didnt tell me tho...She kept saying cuz cuz cuz cuz than she sed she was going out : |              I got rly confused than sad...Than that nyt she was on real late than I got on to so I sed hey an she wasnt talking with me..An I was lyk wats rong ru ok ( I sore her name didnt have me in it so I new sunthing wuz rong) than I was lyk babe wats rong tell me Please :( she didnt say a word than I askd her rly gud friend an he told me that she sed she dusnt feel lyk she loves me anymore an she feels rly bad an sick...I was shocked an horrified I had no clue upon how to take it...This girl was my hole world...I tryd to b as great as I can an I did anything she wud pretty much ask...She still didnt talk to me...Even wen I copied wat he sed she nvr said anything :(  an we havnt spoke today I'm praying that she gets on and we talk...He sed to me atleast she hasnt dumpt you than I felt lyk saying thats worse but I didnt :| I rly need help or sum1s opinion I'm stuck an confused an I need advice Please help me out this girl is my worldI have no clue on what I did I no that ive been as gud as I can...I wish she would talk wit me :(I want to no wat do I to her an wif her an wat I say cuz ryt now I'm stuck an got no clueCyaz Please help!

-question by Jake

Suggestion, Move on! Not a point to stick to it and make rest of the things being affected by this affair. And as far as question of liking him, like no other is there, believe me- as the time passes by memories will fed away.I liked the spirit you have, no big deal. Just get involved in some other things, some of your hobbies and all will be fine again. Hope well for you.

You just need to move on man.You cannot pretend like you don't know that she's no longer feeling you and it'll be worse if you get back together coz she can start dating another dude..because it seems she knows you love her very much that's why its difficult for her to break it down to you.There are a lot of chicks but i know how terrible it is when the one you love starts acting up like dat.You goo to take it like man and get another chick.