xisto Community
Strickens

New Sig Girl Here :) First Time on these Forums

Hey everyone I'm a BASIC siggy maker from Down Under (good ol' Aussie)

Looking to become a regular on the forums if you like my work hehe.

Been making sigs on and off in PS CS3 for about a year now, I'm not the best but I know a few bits and pieces :D

Here's 2 I did this week, the first one was for a friend who ended up not wanting it lol, and the second one is mine. 3rd one is an older sig of mine from when I was playing the Hellgate London Beta.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is also just a little piccy I made as I'm a fan of Faith/Dawn Fanfiction from the TV Series Buffy.

Posted Image

Please comment/rate etc and tell me what you think :D and hope to see you all around :(

Edited for Adding in new Sigs:

Posted Image

The crying Wolf, slightly edited render (tear added) this sig is taken by me :D

Edited by Strickens (see edit history)

Usually, sigs turn me off. I don't like making them, don't like seeing them, and I don't like reading them either. I don't know why, just something about it. However, the top three look totally awesome and look well thought-out, which is rare and perhaps explains why I don't like sigs. A lot of people make them look good because they know how to, but they never really put their "soul" into making them. It's just something to do to impress others, not really "art".The last one could perhaps use a more brighter text, but other then that. I Hope to see your postings around :D

Usually, sigs turn me off. I don't like making them, don't like seeing them, and I don't like reading them either. I don't know why, just something about it. However, the top three look totally awesome and look well thought-out, which is rare and perhaps explains why I don't like sigs. A lot of people make them look good because they know how to, but they never really put their "soul" into making them. It's just something to do to impress others, not really "art".

The last one could perhaps use a more brighter text, but other then that. I Hope to see your postings around :D

Thanks I really appreciate your positive feedback :(

I do try my best as I'm creating a sig, thinking about how I'd like the end result to look, the feel of it, and colour schemes. Although sometimes it doesn't always come out as I had planned in my head it normally comes out better :D

I used to have about 10 or so other sigs before I got a new hard drive, I forgot to save them all and yeah, lost them :( I made most of them for people on a DBZ forum. I stopped after that because my ex girlfriend said it was a waste of time and it wasn't real art >_<

But now she's an xbox 360 forum junkie and wants me to make them for her lol.... Still happy to be creating and learning all over again :D

I made this one tonight out of a render I had that my ex g/f decided she didn't want in her sig.... but she changed her mind now that she's seen the end result O_o

Posted Image

It's Rosie from Bioshock with a little sister :D

I would of never guessed guessed it was from bioshock. Looks awesome though :DAs for being a real art - it's what I touched upon. Most people who make sigs only do it to really contribute/make themselves look cool o.o but when I see your stuff it just looks awesome and feels like you made it for art. Something rare in sig making unfortunately.

I would of never guessed guessed it was from bioshock. Looks awesome though :D
As for being a real art - it's what I touched upon. Most people who make sigs only do it to really contribute/make themselves look cool o.o but when I see your stuff it just looks awesome and feels like you made it for art. Something rare in sig making unfortunately.

Hehe yeah apart from the little sister it is kinda hard to make out Rosie and the Bioshock-ness in the sig, but that's sort of how I wanted it. Because in the game, the Rosies and Big Daddys are like the protectors of the Little Sisters, and so instead of making it all evil and darkness based like most Bioshock sigs are, I wanted to show how the little sisters see their protectors.
And that's how I tried to make Rosie look in the pic hehe, sort of like a big angel in a suit :D
And I know what you mean, alot of people I think don't put everything they should into their sigs, when I think thats the most important part. They just do it because it's "cool" to feel important when you make something people like.
Anyways I'm about to start work on another one, this one is to commemorate my WoW account getting hacked, it's a sad day :D

Got some good stuff, little rought around the blending and text but keep working at it and you will get better. I would say a 5/10 but that can improve look at some tutorials and fine tune everything and you get better.