xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fadedmemory

Learn Html, Css, C And C++ Online For Free Wanna learn to write programs and/or make websites? You can do it fre

Have you ever used an application or played a game and thought, "If you could only..." or "If I knew how I would add..." but didn't know where to start? I did and decided to do a lil research. I came across a site with great tutorials. There are many ranging from beginner all the way to advanced. After each tutorial there is a test to practice what you just learned. I dunno if I am allowed to post the url to these sites here due to spam filters but I will say that if you search for "c programming" in any major search engine it should be the first link (after the sponsored links). I also like the tutorials found at w3schools for HTML, CSS and many other web scripting. It has a web based WYSiWYG 'side by side' editor that helps teach you by example.I hope htese links helped you as much as they did me.Let me know what you think.

I've been consulting many websites for C/C++ but I wouldn't know what to say if one was to be recommended.... in my experience if you just come across a problem it's faster to just google it and try to find the specific answer to that particular issue. It might not be the best educational approach but it is time saving.As for HTML and other Web Design languages it is even easier to find information on the Web and great tutorials... also I found it useful to read through free extracts from popular books that are sometimes offered on some websites as a means of promotion, though sometimes they tend to be a bit too wordy and don't get straight to the point. But some good advice or new perspective can often be learned in such case :D

Facebook or myspace would be much, much more complicated, with databases, mysql, etc.I suggest you start learning php, html, css, and everything else related to web design.

Hey thanks alot. That was one great contribution. My summer is going on and i sit all day doing nothing and play silly online games. This contribution will make my life more useful. Are you sure i ll get the website when i search c programming. You should atleast give the name of the website so that we can go there.

So if you learn c++ you can make your own programs?Thanks for the siteI'm gonna try to learn some stuff so I can make a websiteWebsites are made from c++ too right?

Hey Buddy,Thanks for the info on " flazx.com". Unfortunately for me, I seemed to to have been able to find the e-book section. Could please include a link ti it when when you next do a posting? Thanks in advance.Collins

Hey guys,For learning web languages (HTML/CSS/JavaScript, PHP/MySQL etc.) I would highly recommend w3schools, as was mentioned before. w3schools is not really a school, and by following their tutorials you will, by no means, become an expert. They are more of a starting pad than anything else. Personally, I didn't even use their tutorials. I just looked at the reference sections. If you know what order you want to learn things, this can be a great way to learn them-- You just open up your favorite text editor and FTP program (Or even use Cpanel's built in text editor) and open up the reference sections of w3schools and begin.w3schools is not just for learning, it's also a great place to go back to later if you forget a particular function. One warning I would give, however, is that for the object oriented languages like PHP, w3schools will NOT teach you anything about Object Oriented Programming, and if you want to create dynamic software you are going to need to learn that. The best part about Object Oriented Programming, however, is that the same principles apply to every language, so if you already know any OOP lanuage, just take a look on PHP's own website to see how PHP's structure differs from your favorite language.w3schools, however, will only really help you to learn the basics. Once you have those basics, however, you'll be able to look up specific functions by simply heading over to PHP's website. They, of course, have an online manual with documentation of every function in PHP.

I learned a lot from that site and I'm still learning but I don't thing there is everything you need to know to become an expert..If you want to become an expert or guru as some say... You must buy a few books (or download them from torrents) and some hack books too.The thing in those kind of book is that you find different approaches for the same theme and sometimes with better results ;)

Nah, you don't need any books to become an expert. You just need to know how to do research and you need practice.

exactly, or search for those stuffs that are shared from lynda or from cbt. :)

Hey guys,
For learning web languages (HTML/CSS/JavaScript, PHP/MySQL etc.) I would highly recommend w3schools, as was mentioned before. w3schools is not really a school, and by following their tutorials you will, by no means, become an expert. They are more of a starting pad than anything else. Personally, I didn't even use their tutorials. I just looked at the reference sections. If you know what order you want to learn things, this can be a great way to learn them-- You just open up your favorite text editor and FTP program (Or even use Cpanel's built in text editor) and open up the reference sections of w3schools and begin.

w3schools is not just for learning, it's also a great place to go back to later if you forget a particular function. One warning I would give, however, is that for the object oriented languages like PHP, w3schools will NOT teach you anything about Object Oriented Programming, and if you want to create dynamic software you are going to need to learn that. The best part about Object Oriented Programming, however, is that the same principles apply to every language, so if you already know any OOP lanuage, just take a look on PHP's own website to see how PHP's structure differs from your favorite language.

w3schools, however, will only really help you to learn the basics. Once you have those basics, however, you'll be able to look up specific functions by simply heading over to PHP's website. They, of course, have an online manual with documentation of every function in PHP.

I am agree with above post learning Css, Html, php (website creation and programming language). I have learn these language from this above website. I tried to learn c/c++ on web many times. But unable to learn online. I think there not good one tutorials on c/c++ for beginners.
Edited by puneye (see edit history)