xisto Community
Brian

Dreamweaver Or Front Page Or Other? whichs more professional user-friendly

Dreamweaver or Front page or other?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dreamweaver is founded by Macromedia and Front page is founded by Microsoft. Both are used for creating websites. Personally, I am using Dreamweaver MX, it is very user friendly and have great support towards other Macromedia softwares like Flash and Fireworks. How about you, what kind of software do you use to build your web?

i use dreamweaver MX2004.front page is awful... i mean really awful, its utter crap, BUT its easy to use. frontpage makes building web pages as easy as creaing word docs. however, its not very standards compliant and from a professional point of view, it shouldnt be used.if you want to be professional, use dreamweaver... its "industry standard". its what all the pro's use I guess.there are probably some other editors out there that are just as good as DW tho. but its best to hand code your pages (i do - in DW's code view)... thats professional. as this gives you total control and its also helpful if you are using a programming language or complicated scripted language.

I use Dreamweaver because I like the colored script and I can see directly the result without uploading it on a server :rolleyes: (I don't use the others functions...)For the design I use Adobe Photoshop because it is the best software to build images :) And finally I use FlashFXP to upload my files on the net and to see the final result :)

I use Dreamweaver because I like the colored script and I can see directly the result without uploading it on a server :) (I don't use the others functions...)

For the design I use Adobe Photoshop because it is the best software to build images :D

And finally I use FlashFXP to upload my files on the net and to see the final result :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree that Dreamweaver is THE best. MAcrmedia really has put their brains into it. But i think you have to give the guys at Microsoft some slack. Frontpage does encourage normal uses to make webpages. That's pretty much encouraging them to use the net. But if your a pro..... Then its MACROMEDIA DREAMWEAVER and Flash MX..... along with Photoshop CS of course..

Corel draw is good too.... but i really love PHOTOSHOP :rolleyes::D

I am 101% sure that Dreamweaver is far far better than Frontpage. Dreamweave is truly professional tool. And the most important thing is that the code produced by it is very neat. But frontpage probuces a lot extra code. There was time I did not like dreamweaver but when I use it seriously I was amazed. Now I am fan of it.

There was time I did  not like dreamweaver but when I use it seriously I was amazed. Now I am fan of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the exact case with me.... At firsti was writing my own code with notepad.. Then after some years I got tired of and found DreamWeaver, but somehow ... it didn't please me. SO i went back to coding as usual with notepad. Later when i was making another project for money, i needed to make many alike pages faster.. Then i tried Frontpage... But then it srtuck me... DW was definetly better... Pronto. :rolleyes:

I use Dreamweaver because of all the features available at your fingertips. The layout is great and simple to understand. One can use the design view for a rough layout and change to the code view to fine tune your web pages. Yes you can open quite a number of pages at a time via the tabs. Dreamweaver does all the hard work. It is not free :rolleyes: but remains a great bit of software.

Sofar everybody is using dreamweaver. :):):D Lets end that here :rolleyes: ......I use frontpage 2003 (there is not much differents between frontpage and dreamweaver (except for the other macromedia programplugins)).The fact that dreamweaver is more user friendly then frontpage ..... well can't find that in frontpage 2003.I tryed both programs and frontpage 2003 is the one I choose to use(because frontpage takes about 10 sec to startup and dreamweaver takes about 1 min to startup.I do agree if you work with flash end other macromedia products that dreamweaver is probely better to use.

SO i went back to coding as usual with notepad.

41116[/snapback]

Use this one : https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

It is free :P

It is Notepad++, a notepad for coding. B)

They add colors, tabs and some others usefull tools :D

And this one is available in a lot of languages :D

But you can't previsualize the result like in Dreamweaver that is why I don't use it often :D

So for the moment I suggest you to use Dreamweaver which is actually the best software to build website I think B)

I use dreamweaver because it seems to be the best for web design, it is user friendly, and has powerful features.i use it for most everything except minor code changes because it takes about a minute to load.I do think they could include more code snippets with it though.I used frontpage for about a year before getting dreamweaver, and it was the second best investment ive made aside from getting photoshop :P

Oh! My Goodness....

Someone has REALLY voted FOR Frontpage. That is an absolute bull.... software. A blackmark on the face of microsoft. Makes all rubbish coding that you have to later clean up using other programs.

Dreamweaver anyday.

Neat Outlay of all features, color coded script coding, VERY CLEAN CODING even when you use the design layout. Most of all, php preview.

No one can beat the DearmWeaver... It really is a dream weaver.

As another option, Adobe GoLive is also good, but haven't used it much, saw it in a friend's place.

I have also used HTML-kit. It is not a WYSIWYG editor but is an excellent coding software. When I am not using Dreanweaver, I am using HTML-kit...

Frontpage is realy bad software.If vote for microsoft frontpage or macromedia dreamweaver, i choose dreamweaver... is realy professional tool...I use macromedia home site. It realy cool for creating sites with many pages.

DreamWeaver MX 2004 Only! YAY...
Microsoft FrontPage is tool only for kids who want to produce their 1st website using WYSIWYG technology... There no such great integration with multiple Concurrent Version Systems and also u can buy or download trial of Macromedia Studio MX
You can see demo Flash here
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Like they said "It's the most powerfull tool for website developing, with this software you can develop any site which you want!"

I use Dreamweaver, I have never tried Frontpage but I have tried other similar software but they weren't as good or as user friendly as Dreamweaver. All the options and thing that you can do with dreamweaver like just breaking the layout by just dragging some things around and then just it is so easy to use, yo can create a pretty decent website in like five minutes, just insert, type something checnge some colors and without the necesity of typing a lot of scripts, like I said I've never used Frontpage so I can't say much about it...