xisto Community
audiovia

Watch Out For React Os, The New Free Os You Can Install Windows Stuff.

I remember this. Thanks. I haven't been checking this as much as i'd like to. In fact I might install this on the computer...I can't wait until version 0.4... it should be good

Umm... yeah. New. If 2004 software is new. It's a nice idea, but I've yet to see it beat wine or even that old Gentoo kernel mod when it comes to running Windows programs.

It shares compatibility dll's with wine, osknockout. The theory is a *Somewhat* good idea, but a very difficult one to implement, if not impossible. Windows is just simply too large, too complex, and not nearly well documented enough to simply be cloned. This is most likely a hobby.saitunes - I recommend you use a Virtual Machine. Install it without risking your current setup.

Live-Dimension. Thanks for your concern, That's how I'm running it at the moment. I am thinking of installing it on actual hardware. But I think I will wait until it is at the beta stage. Which might be a while. but until then I'm content running it in Q or Parallels Desktop

I see many of my friends are trying this ReactOS because they are tired of the fact that Microsoft annouced that Vista users should go back to XP for now. Most of my friends found ReactOS to be quite impressive for a free OS. But I am an iBook Flipper though.