xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chriso_cd

Arena Football Why Arena football is a poor excuse for football

so heres the thing.. ive been watching the AFL because there is no real football on right now... and i cant believe they call this football!! if you ask me, the AFL is where the wanna be's of the NFL go when they dont get drafted.. because there just not good enough to hang with the real football players! i mean look at the facts: the field is half as long and wide... an excuse for not conditioning; the rules are bent... an excuse for breaking them!; and its played indoors!... an excuse to look cool by hitting into the walls, and to get out of the weather where the real men play! if anyone has a different view on this.... i will keep an open mind... but for now, the AFL is NOTHING compared to the real NFL!

Well, that then raises the question - why on earth are you watching AFL anyway? I agree, AFL is not real football, but mind you, several variations of football have come with the history of the game. NFL's a standard we all know and love because it's a good one. There are others, but ... well, obviously they're not respected. And one thing:

and to get out of the weather where the real men play!

Really? I personally don't see much difference between playing outside and inside. Then again, I don't mind playing in rain or snow. Meh.

Well I know Kurt Warner is the only NFL player who came from the AFL to make it big, as in winning the Superbowl Big, but its not the matter of wannabe football players as the CFL and Euro Football league is places were NFL players keep in shape. You be surprise how many NFL go back to the small leagues to play, because its not about the cash its about the game. Yeah AFL is a cheap version of of the NFL, remember the XFL, I doubt anyone but me remembers that football league.