xisto Community
evucovich

Addicted To Orange is this bad ??

i have a friend and he allways say me that all the addictions are bad.so i tell him that i am addicted to oranges and he says that is bad too. because the C vitamin makes the veins harder.please y need your opinion about this.

The saying goes "To much of a good thing is a bad thing". It's true - but I wouldn't worry. I had a quick look and couldn't find anything on this "veins harder" thing, which I find is a little... suss. Unless you are eating like 4 oranges a day I wouldn't even begin to think about it as a problem. I eat what I want, when I want and I've never been sick. The body adepts well, al-bit slowly to ever-changing conditions. These days, saying for example "Not eating carrot will make your hair go grey a year or so earlier" and everyone starts eating them. It's just random "experts" who say these things to make themselves feel big. That's not saying I know eating too much chocolate isn't good. Just use some good old fashioned common-sense.. which isn't that common.

Well chocolate is lethal, luckily we have such a good metabelism of it that it would be impossible to eat enough chocolate to kill you, apart from that chocolate has been pretty much proven to help against coughs. As for oranges, I wouldn't worry about it, I'm addicted to caffiene and i'm okay.

Too much of anything is good for nothing... So... Its applicable to what your friends tells you...but i have never heard of this Hyper presence of Vitamin C will harm you.. You might have tio look for some proofs and consider...by the way... I see Oranges are very good for health. And i have never seen anyone complain about Oranges... Atleast i will not do... I am an Orange addict. :D

Wow, never heard an orange addiction before. Orange is very good for health if you consume it at the right amount. Usually anything that too much will cause negative effect

i wouldn't worry about that trailer trash he told you. its wrong you would need to eat a lot of oranges and i mean a lot continuosly over a long period of time for any effect at all to happen. continue eating oranges there good for you. they are fruit.

I eat around 10-14 mandarines a day. I love them so much and have always done it since i was a kid. I am pregnant now and had tests done for nutrients and everything... And everything is normal. And I have the right amount of vitamins.A doctor once told me that it can be acidy and to limit it down. But I've never had a problem and I can't stop eating them. I am completely addicted, but better oranges than anything else right?