xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Weather Chasers Any weather chasers around

I was wondering with all the tornadoes in the Mid western USA of late, if any of Xisto are into that or storm chasers?I now leave in New Jersey USA but grew up in the southern USA in Mississippi, and loved getting out and chasing these kind of storms when I could. Now that I am in NJ, I really dont get the chance to do that anymore, but would love talking with and hearing of anyone that likes doing that.

I wouldn't mind doing that myself as was one of my stupid dreams as a kid and go chase a tornado and watch it destroy stuff in its path, but alas I didn't get into meteorology and all that other science stuff, but I still watch the movie Twister from time to time.

well S_M if your still enterested in that, there are a lot of chasers out there that do take tours during tornado season. you should look into it.

I've been close to too many tornadoes to actually want to chase them. I have however been to a storm chasers class before. It was rather interesting. One of the things I remember was an illustration of a tornado chasing a truck that was pulling a trailer. The tag line read "It's been chasing us for miles, we have to give it what it wants. Release the mobile home!" But yeah, there was one time I was sitting in my car at a car wash avoiding the hail and then all the sudden the sirens went off, then transformers started blowing and when lightning struck we could see the tornado a few hundred feet away. It was huge, one of the worst Fort worth ever saw. Scary stuff that.

I've been close to too many tornadoes to actually want to chase them. I have however been to a storm chasers class before. It was rather interesting. One of the things I remember was an illustration of a tornado chasing a truck that was pulling a trailer. The tag line read "It's been chasing us for miles, we have to give it what it wants. Release the mobile home!"
But yeah, there was one time I was sitting in my car at a car wash avoiding the hail and then all the sudden the sirens went off, then transformers started blowing and when lightning struck we could see the tornado a few hundred feet away. It was huge, one of the worst Fort worth ever saw. Scary stuff that.

too funny I remember seeing that myself, then seeing a film of how a tornado hit a car lot. picked up 2 cars. threw one about a block away. all that was left was a part of a frame. the other car was put neatly ontop on the dealership without a scratch.

well I was reading some of these pasts posts and found this, and thought that it may be the perfect place to let you all know insted of starting a new post.season 3 of the discover tv show storm chasers is scheduled to start this OCT. date is unsure of yet I was told. Talked to a chaser friend of mind you all may have seen from last season, and Reed informed me of this. I will let you all know the dates when I find out myself

I would LOVE to be a storm chaser!I just cant get enough of thunderstorms - although i sort of live in the UK, where all you get in a storm is just a bolt of lightning and a sprinkle of rain...I reckon being sucked into a tornado would just an amazing experience (i dont actually mean sucked, but you know) and i was thinking i would have done it as a hobby when im older :DDid anybody watch "A very british storm junkie"? That man was a wierdo - but it was cool