xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Baseball's Sad Fans The state of Baseball

Well here it is just May 26th and my Favorit baseball team The NY Mets are playing like a bunch of 3rd graders. This posting is not to fuss and fight of that but Base ball in General. You have so many players making so very much money now a days it isnt even funny. And what do we get as a fan? ZIPPO. Not too many years ago a player was lucky to make 2 million per season, and he would play until he was so badly hurt until he couldnt go anymore. Now if a player even has a hang nail, its the DL for 14 days. My point is this my friends. what has happend to one if not the best game around? Is it the money? Have other sports such as Football, hockey, basketball. Have they killed the game ?

Well here it is just May 26th and my Favorit baseball team The NY Mets are playing like a bunch of 3rd graders. This posting is not to fuss and fight of that but Base ball in General. You have so many players making so very much money now a days it isnt even funny. And what do we get as a fan? ZIPPO.

Not too many years ago a player was lucky to make 2 million per season, and he would play until he was so badly hurt until he couldnt go anymore. Now if a player even has a hang nail, its the DL for 14 days.

My point is this my friends. what has happend to one if not the best game around?
Is it the money? Have other sports such as Football, hockey, basketball. Have they killed the game ?

I share your feelings. I think football has hurt the game because kids these days are more interested in fast paced games such as football and basketball. As far as the money goes, the contracts are huge, but look at it this way, baseball is a form of entertainment, movie stars and actors get paid that kind of money also. I believe that Ray Romano was getting 1 million dollars per episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. That doesn't mean i agree with the contracts, i believe the contracts should be scaled back because the cost gets passed on to the consumer. As a life long Yankee fan, i find it hard to get out to the game. Tickets are impossible to find and if you buy them from stubhub you usually pay a huge markup. So lets say $30 per ticket times 5 for me and my 4 kids. The price to get to the stadium by train from Long Island is about $30. then $10 each for food. that equals $230 not counting souvenirs. As for the injuries, these days teams baby there talent so much that the slightest injury will shut a player down.this also has something to do with the large contracts because the teams don't want to risk permanently hurting one of there investments.