xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WeHateCHS

MX Flash 2004 Pro help

I'm a n00b at Flash. I just started out by making little stick people in MS Paint and importing them to MX. I'm wondering how I can get rid on the little white BG. I want to be able to put my stick people in front of other things. I just don't know how to do it in flash. Does anyone know what I mean?I'm talking about like when you can "overlay" images in paint theres a little botton at the very bottom on the toolbar thing. lol man i'm such a n00b!Any help? lol

If im reading right, you want to use a background and have your stick-figures on top of the background correct? If so, I think its best you look into getting photoshop. You could do layers on top of your BG and edit + move it whever you want. Once you play around with it and learn how to use it, itll work wonders for you. MS Paint is okay, but I would never use it for editting, it sucks at it; all you could do is view images with it. I hope that solves your question...

Ya I have photoshop but since i was just making stick people i used Paint.

To give you an example of what I"m talking about: goto this website and watch the flash video (very short just takes a second to load)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

See how the stick figure has that white background, i dont want that. I want to make it transparent i guess you could say. You can see what I mean if you look at the bottom of the stick figure as it moves where the mountain touches him.

to remove the figures Background you simply have to Erase the Bg arroung it , you can do that using photoshop or Mspaint by setting your image view to 500% or higher and use the ERASER tool to erase the bg , once you have done that copy your figure and paste it into a transparent image and save it as gif [ or you better begin making the first step in a transparent image.

1-thats tha pic you want to remove its bg :

Posted Image

2-Erasing the Bg (200%) :

Posted Image

3-results (it should look like that , but u must take more care of the edges as i was making it quickly :

Posted Image

Hoping that it helped :P

hey ICLERIC that was a real nice tutorial you gave there. i believe that will work to remove the background from the images. :P

cool that you got over thatbut remeberflash it self is a vector animation technolgy not a image editing softwarei use photoimpact (sort of photo shop but better :P ) with fireworks and flash as the end of the chain reaction to create active content

cool that you got over that
but remeber

flash it self is a vector animation technolgy

not a image editing software

i use photoimpact (sort of photo shop but better ;) ) with fireworks and flash as the end of the chain reaction to create active content

i use photo impact too , thats the first time i see someone saying it is better than photoshop :P Nice choise anyway :lol: