xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

How To Use A .co.uk With My Hosting

ok, i recently bought a .co.uk domain (planetrenders.co.uk), it works etc. but the only problem is that i can't Masked/Cloaked URL Forward the domain to my Xisto site (because the company doesn't support that).

i was wondering, is there any way of still cloaking the URL somehow, with my Xisto account.

or even better, is there a way of using my .co.uk with my Xisto account so that for example, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ would be http://ww2.planetrenders.co.uk/?folio=9POR7JU99 or is that too late now?

any help would be greatly appreciated

goto your cpanel and goto park domains. add your domain in there. change the nameservers (at your registrar) to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com. you might have to wait a couple days before it takes effect though.you can also use add on domains but this will create a new directory within your www directory. this is useful if you have another domain and you are creating a different website.

Dear bash, u should get a domain with forwarding/masking service like offered by godaddy.com :rolleyes: and i think it's cheap too .. but unfortunately u had bought it .. nvm .. i think u can ask the admin to cancel ur subdomain and host a domain! i did ask admin for that last time and i just take some time for the admin to change it. But i think this will take them some time. I used to have a subdomain and now i've changed to a .comp/s : i dun know if Xisto can host .co.uk onot .. for .com it just works fine. :)

i dont even know why i bother posting. nobody seems to read my posts. wonder if anyone will read this one. I guess i should continue to post since i might get booted... even if i am only talking to myself half the time.

thanks a lot for ur help. erm, i was wondering, is there just a way of cloaking the .co.uk URL by using a script on my Xisto account?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, ashamed of Xisto? lol :) jk.

Yeah they let you dont they? And im pretty sure you could easily find a script to do that :rolleyes:

BTW: Man, ur renders are ace! :)

Lol, ashamed of Xisto? lol :) jk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol not really, but i'd preder planetrenders.co.uk instead of gpx.trap17.com/brenders/index.php :)

anyway, anyone know where i could get a script to do this? i've been searching in google and i couldn't find much.. :rolleyes:

Well go to dynamicdrive.com i think the url is and they have JS's and they have a URL cloak. it displays a message and it looks like a marque and other stuff (many options). That mightnt be the url so look for them in google......

btw what's the difference between:1. getting the and admin to change my Xisto domain to my .co.ukand2. adding my parked domain then changing the nameservers (btw, i dont think my domain registrar actually let me change my name serveR)