xisto Community
mikeyboy63

What Is Your Home Or Start Page?

I've had Yahoo! as my start page for many years. I'm wondering if there's a better start page out there. I remember using Excite several years ago, but their home page now looks outdated. Do you design your own start pages? If so, what's on it?

I personally use "about:blank" it loads instantly, and does not require an internet connection of any sort, going to be my homepage for a L-O-N-G time.., though I had Google as my homepage for about a month several months back...

I use igoogle - its quite good and loads fairly quickly.It also allows portability and is the same wherever you logon.It also allows you to import your google toolbar bookmarks as well as a swag of different gadgets such as world weather - world times - news etc - or you can just set it to go to google classic which has nothing special and loads instantly.I make use of their "To Do" list because I can access it at work and at home. Makes it easy for those little things you want to remember later.

Depends. On my testing server - localhost (easy for testing :D)On this machine - netvibes.com. Excellent, though slightly bug-free. It's got me addicted to RSS, and there's plenty of other tools too. I kinda wish thye stuck to classic though, it's getting more and more bloated as time goes on, which I don't like.

i have MSN.com the reason i have that is probably because that it was the default one on IE but i kept it because it's pretty imformative they have the latest new and studies or waterver and i use to be inlove with MSN games( i played almost everyday).

Well, I've got google firefox it is default in firefox and somehow I like it that is I like to see when it appears also it appears almost instantly at any connections. Even over mobile phone uplink. On the other hand I use it also for ssearch as google is my search engine of choice I somehow best navigate around it. So you see I am quite linked to google when it comes to online :D

I have two home pages. At home, I use Google Klingon Advanced Search (or, more appropriately, Google tlhIngan Hol nejwI' 'Itlh) At work, I use Blackle, the energy-efficient Google search.

There was a brief period, though, when my home page was youfail.org. Well, that was until I grew tired the TSO's Wizards in Winter theme :D

I have two home pages. At home, I use Google Klingon Advanced Search (or, more appropriately, Google tlhIngan Hol nejwI' 'Itlh) At work, I use Blackle, the energy-efficient Google search.

There was a brief period, though, when my home page was youfail.org. Well, that was until I grew tired the TSO's Wizards in Winter theme :D

You mean to say you can actually read that Klingon? I always kinda assumed that was just something people talked about but didn't really do.

I've got my own designed web page. Here's a link to a simmilar and more general http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (less for what I specifically go on) I have more me-specific stuff, like a link to my college's homepage, and online submission thing.

I designed it in smultron (Mac only) and just found a template i liked and used that.

I used to have Google as a homepage, often in the customized version (the one where you can have the latest text headlines, those eyes chasing your mouse pointer, NASA image of the day and so on...)Now I use the Firefox feature "Shows my window and tabs from last time" which loads tabs from your previous session at startup... I find it quite useful, even though it can take a while if you forgot to close a few tabs when closing Firefox... btw I use Firefox Portable Edition, which runs from a USB drive and it's quite handy if you often switch between different machines! I am also surprised by the lifespan of a flash drive used in such intensive way :D

I use the good old IGOOGLE! IT IS SO AWESOME!! You can customize it with anything you want. I also use firefox portable. It is pretty handy when you are using a computer that isn't yours!