xisto Community
XtremeDeadmanFan

What Is The Best Rpg Besides Ff? The Best RPG game for the PS2 or Xbox 360?

I was wondering what was the best RPG Role Playing game for the PlayStation 2 or Xbox 360. I enjoy the Final Fantasy series. I've played most of the originals for the original Playstation. I've played FF X, FF X-2, and FF XII. I wanted to know are there any other good RPG games besides Final Fantasy?

You can try Suikoden series. It's a successful copy of FF style.

And take look at Kingdom Hearts.

But if you want to play really good RPG games, go buy an old computer and try the classics such as BaldurGates, Fallout, Morrowind, Kinghts of the Old Republic, Vampire The Masquerade, Arcanum...

By the way, Im agreed with Tricky Puzzle, dont use the word best so easily.

Well, i have never played any final fantasy games, but i hear that they were a good and awesome game to play, i think that the newest rpg of final fantasy should be better because of the newer graphics with the new technology as the creators of the game get more advanced.I have only played Runescape and online game by Jagex (MMPORG) and i like it but they don't advance the graphics so their is a problem with the games if you keep the game for a long time just making it better, but not the graphics.Either way i recommend that if you do got the x-box 360 that you play an new game like halo 3 or call of duty 4, because so are the games were it's better online because of how many people their are online., but you also need to be very good or else they'll own you so bad.Thanks, Prophet.K

Well. There's that argument where there really is NO "best" of something. The question it really asks is... best at what? And what your opinion is. You might want to try Suikoden franchise or Kingdom Hearts (as the previous few posters have mentioned). They're really good, in my opinion at least.Although it isn't online, I suggest you play some MMORPGs. Many of the better ones are found on the PC gaming platform.

I know you said PS2 and Xbox 360 but to me my favourite RPG on the consoles has to be one of 2 games.

Morrwind IV: Oblivion on the Xbox 360 for it's sheer size and what you can actually do. To date, along with its TES construction set on the PC, it's the biggest and most comprehensive sandbox style RPG around.

And

Legend Of Dragoon on the original Playstation (i play it on the PS2 so does this count? :)) for it's music, character design and serious but at the same time very comical storyline.

I am however a big fan of Square Enix and 99% or all RPG style games they have released have sat very highly with me...other than Unlimited Saga........oh how i hate that game....."Hi i'm Kurt Burgandy".....*Shudders*......

Personally, I would say that Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are a couple of really good ones for PS2. As for Xbox 360 I'd suggest Fable or Jade Empire

you can try chrono cross game too, its from PS1 and now out for PS2. Its great RPG games.

Best role playing game other than final fantasy?? is there really one?I don't think so but in my opinion games like Shadow hearts and Wild arms should qualifyI also think the pokemon series are very good as well. If they count as rpgs though xD

Thou some games doesn't have as nice as the graphics of the latest FFs the story linesAre pretty awesome and that is a big criteria for a nice game play!

PS1 - Legend of Legaia, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8 and Final Fantasy 9,Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon

PS2 - Final Fantasy X, XII,  Grandia, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2

These are just some of the games I played that I give 3 to 5 stars

The entire Final Fantasy series is tremendously overrated, and has gone downhill tremendously since Final Fantasy 6. Definitely go for Kingdom Hearts, the Tales of - series, or to get into a cult favorite - Legend of Dragoon.

I've only ever really played final fantasy RPG's. Thanks for the other suggestions guys, really helpful.I have tried suikoden and did enjoy it and would recommend it.Kingdom hearts sounds interesting, maybe I will go buy it as a Christmas present for myself :)

The story is really confusing in Kingdom Hearts. Definitely play the first one all the way through to the end. In order to really understand the second one, you have to also play Chain of Memories (which was recently remade for the PS2 as "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories"). I didn't beat the first one and decided to jump right into the second one. I was confused until way later in the story... so, Chain of Memories isn't really required... just suggested.