xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've seen a few views on abortion here and there and I think some are good points that I would like to mention.

Some people are against abortion because they say it's murder. When you contort and say it's not murder, they retort and say that just because it's an egg and a sperm does not mean it's not human.

I believe that is somewhat false because murder is the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice. This which states a human killing another human. If I recall correctly, a human is a homosapien with a heart, a brain, and other necessary organs in order to function, as a human. If an egg and a sperm happen to make up those necessary parts in order to make up a human, then you'll have lost me there. Of course, this could come off as close-minded but....

Other people are against abortion, claiming that if a girl was raped, she would then have the option of aborting. I take this into consideration because of the fact that if I was raped, I know I would definately not want to have a child which reminded me of a horror of my past. There is also the scenario where the girl is not ready and was, dumb enough if you need, to go and make a stupid decision. There are other confounding factors such as money, time, and the ability to give your child a healthy birth/whatever. If you didn't have any of these, the child could be put up for adoption, or be abandoned.

I hope I don't sound close-minded, I'm not trying to impose my ideas on you, just trying to stir something for an intelligent argument/debate if you will. =)

Milk, there's alot I could say on this subject and Lord knows it's been batted around a few times, but not only as a Christian but also as a human being I am totally against abortion. While I do understand the aspects of rape, making poor choices, protecting the life of the mother (which this is very rarely the case), etc., I believe that other choices after the child has been born can be made. But systems must be in place so that the mother is not venturing it alone. I don't believe that most mothers and fathers who have decided to keep the child ever regret that decision when they see this beautiful gift that God has given them. At the same time I believe that people experience a great loss that may last for years and may never recover from when they decide to abort a child. We (wife and I) have five daughters and they are alot to take on sometimes, but we receive so much more out of life because of the choice we made to have them.

I know my opinions/convictions aren't popular but neither were Jesus's.

Take Care,

Byrdhouse :rolleyes:

Before I read further I would just like to say being for choice is different from being for abortion. The social consequences of criminalizing abortion are immense. I refrain from voting. Byrdhouse I agree with most of what you say but I will not hold my self to judge others for what must be a very difficult choice.

Personally, I'm PRO-choice. If a woman feels she isn't ready for a baby or doesn't have the means to take care of a baby or just doesn't wish to have a baby. It's her own decision and I wouldn't think about taking away her right to choose. On the other hand though. My family, myself included, are against abortion. We don't condone or believe it is right to have an abortion, but we aren't about to put up a big stink about someone who wants to have one.If a woman is going to have unprotected sex and get pregnant, it's her own stupidity that got her into the situation in the first place. If a woman is raped or a condom breaks, I can understand the womans reluctance to keep the baby. But there are also other alternatives other than having an abortion. Adoption is the best that I could think of. Preferabley by another family member willing to take the baby. That way when the child is grown, they wont have to wonder about their family and spend half of their lives trying to track down their relatives.

Of course I see your points made, but adoption isn't always the best. I mean, maybe you feel it is better to be alive instead of having been forced out of the process of being born, but I would rather have lived with both my biological parents then some people that may have nothing in common with me and cannot share many of my own traits. I mean, adoption is nice and all...but...I dunno. Are there other options other than adoption and abortion?

I'm against it... not because its an murder (I think it is) but because, if the woman have no responsability, she must to pay by her acts... its an murder at my mind. Don't let somebody to live, at my mind, is a murder. I think god is against it, and I'm too... I can't talk anymore because I didn't start an english course yet, and I don't know exactally what I want do say ^^

Hello PplYes this is a topic that has been battered for ages now.Well i'm just going to tell you what i feel and what i see everyday.And i won't vote for this poll, as i feel, there's no use.I'm an intern, and with my deep interest for medicine I was eager to practise medicine until i came to know the daily horrors of it.Almost Nine months ago i started my circle for Obstetrics and Gyneacology. It ended 3 months back. Day after day i would stand with my Supervising doctor, and face all the situations head front.Each day, at least one abortion was planned. I have also assisited in such operations, (much to my unhappiness, as I'm a catholic). Once the case was that, the patient in question was quite serious and we had had to use live X Ray imaging to carry out the operation. During the operation, just before the critical part (that is injecting the "venom") i thought i saw the foetus jerk against the incoming needle.. as if it was trying to run away. I was dumbfounded!!! After the whole thing was over, i requested the technician to replay the X-Ray "movie", and the jerk was clearly there. And the technician tells me... "You know... they always try to give a fight.... but it's never for long."I lost words that day. That changed my life. period. And how many couples show up everyday to get advice on how to conceive....For almost every abortion... there is a couple who can't concieve.Seems weird doesn't it.... Some are able... but they don't want. Some can't ...but THEY WANT.Why God has planned such - i simply don't know. But i'm not questioning him either. Getting over such days is hard enough.

If that (unwanted) baby is born, imagine what it's life would be like?He/she will have a miserable life (that life is 10 times worse if they live in an undeveloped country), and will eventually see themselves as outcasts, and sometimes, they will wish that they weren't born at all!If a woman aborts that baby, she, and her boyfriend, will return to their normal life. Everyone will be relieved (family members, friends...). The only thing that stops abortions is human moral, and (as small as it sounds) that is often quite enough.I personally think that the problem should be stopped in the source. And people are working on this indeed! Advisors are visiting schools to talk about boy/girl relationships and sex. They are usually doing a good job, but that is still (unfortunately) not enough...

I'm against it... not because its an murder (I think it is) but because, if the woman have no responsability, she must to pay by her acts... its an murder at my mind. Don't let somebody to live, at my mind, is a murder. I think god is against it, and I'm too... I can't talk anymore because I didn't start an english course yet, and I don't know exactally what I want do say ^^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take a moment and think about what you just wrote. Say, for instance, that abortion was made to be illegal and all mothers were forced to live with the mistakes and bad judgements they've made. How do you think that child would feel believing themselves to be a mistake. Not to mention, the mother and/or father may take it out on the child itself for having to have the baby.

That would become a living nightmare for that poor child. I wouldn't wish that sort of life on my worst of enemies.

As for the adoption issue. I feel that it would be better to have the baby and put it up for adoption so that some loving couple, who may not be able to have their own child, may partake in the love of a child. As I said, it would be better to have an extended family member adopt the child, but if it's not possible, there are many couples in the world willing and capable of providing a loving environment for a child in need.

If the adoption was introduced by the birth parents of the child in question. There is no law in this country that could deny the adoption, even to a gay couple or a single parent if the childs birth parents wished that specific person or persons to care for their child.

In my mind this would be a far better choice than abortion. But I wouldn't judge someone for having an abortion. Just because I don't believe it is right, doesn't make it wrong.

PhrostByte

There is one problem I see. I'm not bashing religion or trying to tell you otherwise, but it seems many of you stick to your religion with God and everything and believe in that specific religion, which may or may not alter your thoughts. Of course, your beliefs are yours whether you have a religion or not, but sometimes it seems as if the church (or whatever) is placing their morals into you? I understand this may not always be the case, but it just seems like it from the way I'm reading some of these posts. I know many christians/catholics that have their own views and I respect them, I just hope that what the posters in this topic are basing their thoughts on what they think as an individual, because that's always better than what someone else tells you to think =) Though it seems as if everyone here is their own individual so far, I just take it differently when you mention your religion and your deities etc.

i'm pro abortion. what will you do if the doctor says your child is gonna be very sick later and his quality of life will be very low? i wouldn't want my child to suffer that much, especially when you've been warned and you still can do something about it. The child wouldn't feel anything, wouldn't notice anything if the abortion was performed. Still, it stays a personal choice, in my opinion, everybody is free to has his opinion about this and make his own choice...

Milk, there's alot I could say on this subject and Lord knows it's been batted around a few times, but not only as a Christian but also as a human being I am totally against abortion.  While I do understand the aspects of rape, making poor choices, protecting the life of the mother (which this is very rarely the case), etc.,

40653[/snapback]

Yes, rape is a good reson for an abortion poor choices isnt. How hard is it for you to use proper protection or even two forms of protection? But also if you alow the child to be born it could be adopted thats a good desicion. There are many people who cant have kids for reasons that may be out of there hands and want to adopt. The downside is i would want to know my biological parents eventualy if i was adopted and that may never happen. I know what its like to grow up without a father and i wouldnt want anyone who didnt have to live through that so if your a single mother it may be hard to but put the child up for adoption.

Yes, rape is a good reson for an abortion poor choices isnt. How hard is it for you to use proper protection or even two forms of protection?

42338[/snapback]

Protection doesn't always work though, there is no contaceptive that works 100% of the cases. The pregnancy rate of couples who restrict themselves to anal sex is higher than you might think (it's several procent).

I must say that I have no problem with bashing christianity, at least not the catholic church. The incredible evil the top of the catholic church is willing to wreak on the poor parts of the world are just beyond belief. Telling people that they can't have an abortion, but can't use contraceptives either. Or how about telling the people that condoms let through diseases, or even that they are the cause of diseases. It makes me so angry that the vatican can just sit there and do this.

Okay, that was slightly off-topic, but it also angers me how religious groups (not just christian) try to force their beliefs on others through political means. The arrogance of a group who try to force their ethical system on others when they have nothing to support their system but a belief. Surely an ethical system which is to be enforced on a whole population must be based on a reasoning, not just "because we say so"?

Legislation relating to abortion should under no circumstance be based on faith of any kind.

I am pro abortion, I do believe that the choice whether or not to have an abortion is the sole choice of the person carrying the child and her choice whatever it is should be kept confidential. I do believe however that prevention of pregnancey is the best route but life happens, mistakes happen, its just how it is. On the other hand Im completly against partial birth abortions. The idea that a person could carry a baby to almost full term and then concent to have that baby basically murdered is completly discusting and absolutly unforgivible in my eyes but thats just my opinion.

I'm pro-choice, but I lean towards being against abortion, because of the 'an unborn child is still a living human being with a soul/spirit' thing. But I'm sort of hypocritical, because if I ever get pregnant, I will probably fully consider having an abortion, especially if I'm not married yet of course. (That probably makes me sound like a **** or something. I'm not; right now, I'm the farthest thing from it.) And there are some things that few people think about... If you're a Christian, the child will obviously not know right from wrong yet, and will have ah... a free ticket to heaven. (I know, it's a terrible thing to think.) But whether you're Christian or not, the child will never know suffering in that (short) life. (But depending on how reincarnation works, if it does, they might be more depressed or needy in their next life.)