xisto Community

Could you guys please review my website. I feel like it is suitable for what it is. I have a side computer repair business, but am not investing a lot of money in it. I think the useability is good. I am new to the web design world. I am just happy to have made this site and I am just happy to get the php email form working.

Any suggestions are welcome.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

When posting new topics please make sure you hit submit ONCE. You created 3 of the same topics. This will serve as a verbal warning.Thank you.

I'd start by fixing the errors with your site. Those errors mean that you can't be at all sure how the site is actually going to look. Fix the errors and get your site following the standards.

I would also take the contact form out of the sidebar. It is far too squished there, and the comments box at the bottom really needs to be a text area rather than a single line. Moving it to the contact page would let it use more space and be easier to use.

I'd start by fixing the errors with your site. Those errors mean that you can't be at all sure how the site is actually going to look. Fix the errors and get your site following the standards.

I would also take the contact form out of the sidebar. It is far too squished there, and the comments box at the bottom really needs to be a text area rather than a single line. Moving it to the contact page would let it use more space and be easier to use.

thanks for that link. I am new to this stuff and modified some previous code, so this will help me make things straighten out.

And sorry about the multiple posts. I posted topic and refreshed main page for a min or two and it didn't show so I thought it didn't go through.

Hello,at first glance your tables seem to be set up wrong.Your pictures and text are overlapping each other.I will have a closer look at the code...ay,I'm not even going to attempt this one, I would have gone about it completely differently. I like using tables personally to set up the layout of my page.Not sure if it would help but maybe you can stick a table in the right place to make some of your text shift down, eg.

<table><tr height="100"><td>  </table>

and then enter the desired height.This is a far better way to make some spacing on a page than using:

<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hope that helps a little. Your site could look really good but you need to shift your text down alittle so the pictures don't overlap.Oh and have the contact bit only on the contact page. It really should not be on the main page or the service page.I can highly recommend this site http://www.htmlgoodies.com/ for tips on making a webpage.

Notice from rvalkass:
Please don't make multiple posts in a row - use the Edit button to add to your current post. Also, code needs to go into code tags.