xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mikeyboy63

Halliluya! I'm Either Rich.... ...or its an email scam Guess which...

Just received this in my email. Wow! I'm----the----luckiest----guy---on---earth. ~Sob sob~

FROM THE DESK OF MR ABUDU HASSANBILLS AND EXCHANGE MANAGER,
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
OUAGADOUGOU-BURKINA FASO.
WEST AFRICA
DEAR FRIEND
I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department BANK OF AFrica (B.O.A) here in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of US$10.5m (TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSANDS US DOLLAR) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer (MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER from Munich, Germany) who died along with his entire family on Monday,31 July, 2003. in a plane crash
Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless.some body applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated
in our banking guidlings and laws but unfortunately we learn that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and releasethe money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.
The banking law and guidline here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after eight years,the money will be transfered into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund The request of foreigner as , next of kin in this business is occassioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner,and a Burkinabe,cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner
I agree that 40% of this money will be for you as a respect to the provisionof a foriegn account , 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during.the business and 50% would be for me Thereafter, I will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentage indicated Therefore, to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you arranged,you must apply first to the bank as relation or next of kin of the deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where the money will be remmitted.
Upon receipt of your reply, I shall send to you a specimen of application which you will forward to the paying bank introducing yourself and at the same time instructing bank to effect the release of the fund into your account, I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer

Thanks for your co-operation.
Your sincerely
MR ABUDU HASSAN

It's so sad that bankers in Africa have a 2nd grade education. Their grammar is terrible! Oh well. I shouldn't be critical of them since they're giving me ALL OF THAT MONEY!!! :D

My spam inbox is full of them @_@ I can't believe people actually fall for them though!

bishoujo surprise is not the word I would use since people do fall for theses Nigerian scams. The sad part usually it is the older computer users that have turned on a computer for the first time that usually fall for this scam or those money transfer scams. Its funny though, I am being told that these are getting more sophisticated and that they are not using obvious locations, but I guess they are wrong.

I have also heard that they work, many people who dont have much computer knowledge are easy bait for these scams. I remember a relative of mine would fall for all the adds that said free in them, I told him that the internet was the worst place to find something free.

I get these types of emails on a weekly basis and it isn't surprising that some people still fall for these gimmicks. The truth is that new computer users or people who just haven't used it for years and now are fall into these traps all the time. When they hear something is for free or they have won a huge amount of money they just go crazy and think they are the luckiest person on earth. I have had experiences where people have actually emailed their contact information expecting the be millionaires in a few days. These scams are the worse, but people should know that they are just too good to be true. I mean, who gives away so much money to a random stranger. At least break it up into $10,000 or $1000 so more people can get a piece of the pie. Anyways, i have a collection in one of my email folders of messages claiming i have just won such amounts of money. I really hope that more people learn that these messages are really scams. And these scam artists which seem to increasingly come from Nigeria, are getting more sophisticate these days. They have changed their techniques and the wording of their 'letters.' One time they would tell you you won such an amount of money and ask for your contact information, now they want you to call someone, because they are trying to make the whole scheme legitimate. And most of the time these are people in internet cafes too.